Congratulations to Gregor of myrealbox.com, Nancy Gagliardi of yahoo.com, and Jens Selvig of mac.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Nisus Software's Nisus Writer Pro, worth $79. Also receiving a copy is Robert Hayes of lostinmontana.com, who referred Jens to DealBITS. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Nisus Software is offering all TidBITS readers a $10 discount on Nisus Writer Pro through 20-Sep-07, dropping the price to $69. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code "tidbits" when ordering. Thanks to the 1,464 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Find Text Leading from Acrobat PDF
Ever have to recreate a document from an Acrobat PDF? You can find out most everything about the text by using the Object Inspector, except the leading. Well, here's a cheesy way to figure it out. Open the PDF in Illustrator (you just need one page). Release any and all clipping masks. Draw a guide at the baseline of the first line of text, and one on the line below. Now, Option-drag the first line to make a copy, and position it exactly next to the original first line at baseline. Then put a return anywhere in the copied line. Now adjust leading of the copied lines, so that the second line of copy rests on the baseline of the second line of the original. Now you know your leading.
Or you could buy expensive software to find the leading. Your choice.
Published in TidBITS 895.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Sells Millionth iPhone
- Apple to Offer $100 iPhone Rebate for Early Purchasers
- iPhoto 7.0.2 Squashes Bugs
- iTunes Store Loses NBC TV Shows, Expands in UK
- Mysterious .Mac Slowdowns in Europe
- iToner Makes iPhone Ringtones Easy
- MarsEdit 2.0 Blasts Off
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger
- Win a MacBook or iPod nano from Fetch Softworks
- Palm Kerbangos Foleo
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary for TextExpander and TypeIt4Me
- Designing a Modern Web Site for TidBITS
- Apple Introduces iPod touch, Wi-Fi iTunes Store, and New iPods
- Take Control News/10-Sep-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Sep-07