Congratulations to Gregor of myrealbox.com, Nancy Gagliardi of yahoo.com, and Jens Selvig of mac.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Nisus Software's Nisus Writer Pro, worth $79. Also receiving a copy is Robert Hayes of lostinmontana.com, who referred Jens to DealBITS. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Nisus Software is offering all TidBITS readers a $10 discount on Nisus Writer Pro through 20-Sep-07, dropping the price to $69. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code "tidbits" when ordering. Thanks to the 1,464 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
Published in TidBITS 895.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Sells Millionth iPhone
- Apple to Offer $100 iPhone Rebate for Early Purchasers
- iPhoto 7.0.2 Squashes Bugs
- iTunes Store Loses NBC TV Shows, Expands in UK
- Mysterious .Mac Slowdowns in Europe
- iToner Makes iPhone Ringtones Easy
- MarsEdit 2.0 Blasts Off
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger
- Win a MacBook or iPod nano from Fetch Softworks
- Palm Kerbangos Foleo
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary for TextExpander and TypeIt4Me
- Designing a Modern Web Site for TidBITS
- Apple Introduces iPod touch, Wi-Fi iTunes Store, and New iPods
- Take Control News/10-Sep-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Sep-07