Congratulations to Gregor of myrealbox.com, Nancy Gagliardi of yahoo.com, and Jens Selvig of mac.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Nisus Software's Nisus Writer Pro, worth $79. Also receiving a copy is Robert Hayes of lostinmontana.com, who referred Jens to DealBITS. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Nisus Software is offering all TidBITS readers a $10 discount on Nisus Writer Pro through 20-Sep-07, dropping the price to $69. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code "tidbits" when ordering. Thanks to the 1,464 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
Published in TidBITS 895.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Sells Millionth iPhone
- Apple to Offer $100 iPhone Rebate for Early Purchasers
- iPhoto 7.0.2 Squashes Bugs
- iTunes Store Loses NBC TV Shows, Expands in UK
- Mysterious .Mac Slowdowns in Europe
- iToner Makes iPhone Ringtones Easy
- MarsEdit 2.0 Blasts Off
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger
- Win a MacBook or iPod nano from Fetch Softworks
- Palm Kerbangos Foleo
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary for TextExpander and TypeIt4Me
- Designing a Modern Web Site for TidBITS
- Apple Introduces iPod touch, Wi-Fi iTunes Store, and New iPods
- Take Control News/10-Sep-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Sep-07