Ah, the wonders of the public domain! After Ergonis Software created a version of our public domain TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary for Typinator 2.0 (see "TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator," 2007-08-27), Greg Scown of SmileOnMyMac contacted me to verify that it was indeed in the public domain so they could distribute it for TextExpander. I told him it was, and less than a week later, SmileOnMyMac posted a version of the dictionary for TextExpander. And, since Riccardo Ettore's TypeIt4Me and TextExpander can import each other's files, TypeIt4Me users can also download and use the TextExpander version (for more about TypeIt4Me, see "TypeIt4Me Returns Again, Again," 2006-08-07). Thanks to the SmileOnMyMac folks for making this happen, and thanks to Micah Alpern for much of the original word list.
View Smart Folder Criteria
Smart Folders, folders that contain the results of a Finder search, typically display without the original search criteria listed. However, you can see the search criteria by selecting Show Search Criteria from the window's Action menu (the gear icon). Additionally, any edits to a smart folder's criteria will automatically be listed the next time you open the folder.
Visit MacTipster blog
Published in TidBITS 895.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Sells Millionth iPhone
- Apple to Offer $100 iPhone Rebate for Early Purchasers
- iPhoto 7.0.2 Squashes Bugs
- iTunes Store Loses NBC TV Shows, Expands in UK
- Mysterious .Mac Slowdowns in Europe
- iToner Makes iPhone Ringtones Easy
- MarsEdit 2.0 Blasts Off
- DealBITS Discount: Save $10 on Nisus Writer Pro
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger
- Win a MacBook or iPod nano from Fetch Softworks
- Palm Kerbangos Foleo
- Designing a Modern Web Site for TidBITS
- Apple Introduces iPod touch, Wi-Fi iTunes Store, and New iPods
- Take Control News/10-Sep-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Sep-07
TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary for TextExpander and TypeIt4Me
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Clifton McIntosh, Jürg Bürgi, Alan Mitchell, and
Ray Chatterton for their generous support!