Ah, the wonders of the public domain! After Ergonis Software created a version of our public domain TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary for Typinator 2.0 (see "TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator," 2007-08-27), Greg Scown of SmileOnMyMac contacted me to verify that it was indeed in the public domain so they could distribute it for TextExpander. I told him it was, and less than a week later, SmileOnMyMac posted a version of the dictionary for TextExpander. And, since Riccardo Ettore's TypeIt4Me and TextExpander can import each other's files, TypeIt4Me users can also download and use the TextExpander version (for more about TypeIt4Me, see "TypeIt4Me Returns Again, Again," 2006-08-07). Thanks to the SmileOnMyMac folks for making this happen, and thanks to Micah Alpern for much of the original word list.
Open Links from Apple Mail in the Background
If an email message in Mail includes a Web link which you'd prefer to check out after you've read all your mail, and you don't want to hunt for the link later, Command-click the link in the message to open a browser window in the background. Mail remains the foreground application, and the browser window can wait till you're ready.
Visit MacTipster blog
Published in TidBITS 895.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Sells Millionth iPhone
- Apple to Offer $100 iPhone Rebate for Early Purchasers
- iPhoto 7.0.2 Squashes Bugs
- iTunes Store Loses NBC TV Shows, Expands in UK
- Mysterious .Mac Slowdowns in Europe
- iToner Makes iPhone Ringtones Easy
- MarsEdit 2.0 Blasts Off
- DealBITS Discount: Save $10 on Nisus Writer Pro
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger
- Win a MacBook or iPod nano from Fetch Softworks
- Palm Kerbangos Foleo
- Designing a Modern Web Site for TidBITS
- Apple Introduces iPod touch, Wi-Fi iTunes Store, and New iPods
- Take Control News/10-Sep-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/10-Sep-07