Congratulations to Mark Hom of gmail.com, Mike Johnson of iwon.com, Bob Leedom of comcast.net, and Larry Whitehead of uab.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Sonora Graphics' Name Munger, worth $10. Also receiving a copy is Alexa MeeKwon Whitehead, who referred Larry to DealBITS. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Sonora Graphics is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on Name Munger through 26-Sep-07, dropping the price to $8. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code "SGNM-DealBITS-0907" when ordering. Thanks to the 555 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger (10 Sep 07)
Published in TidBITS 896.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iPhone $100 Store Credit Process Posted
- Apple Releases iMac, iLife, Pro Application Updates
- Handsfree iPhone Call Leads to Ticket
- Deciding Between the iPhone and iPod touch
- Mac Market Share Rising at Cornell University
- iPhoto 7 Fills Glaring Holes
- Connect More Easily to Wi-Fi Hotspots with the iPhone
- Penelope Project Ships Eudora 8.0.0b1
- The Ghost in My FileVault
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/17-Sep-07