Congratulations to Mark Hom of gmail.com, Mike Johnson of iwon.com, Bob Leedom of comcast.net, and Larry Whitehead of uab.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Sonora Graphics' Name Munger, worth $10. Also receiving a copy is Alexa MeeKwon Whitehead, who referred Larry to DealBITS. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Sonora Graphics is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on Name Munger through 26-Sep-07, dropping the price to $8. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code "SGNM-DealBITS-0907" when ordering. Thanks to the 555 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Smarter Parental Controls
If you've been using the parental controls options in Mac OS X to lock your child out of using a particular computer late at night, but would like to employ a more clever technique to limit Internet access, turn to MAC address filtering on an Apple base station.
To do this, launch AirPort Utility, select your base station, and click Manual Setup. In the Access Control view, choose Time Access to turn on MAC filtering. You'll need to enter the MAC address of the particular computer, which (in 10.5 Leopard and 10.6 Snow Leopard) you can find in the Network System Preferences pane: click AirPort in the adapter list, and click Advanced. The AirPort ID is the MAC address.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger (10 Sep 07)
Published in TidBITS 896.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iPhone $100 Store Credit Process Posted
- Apple Releases iMac, iLife, Pro Application Updates
- Handsfree iPhone Call Leads to Ticket
- Deciding Between the iPhone and iPod touch
- Mac Market Share Rising at Cornell University
- iPhoto 7 Fills Glaring Holes
- Connect More Easily to Wi-Fi Hotspots with the iPhone
- Penelope Project Ships Eudora 8.0.0b1
- The Ghost in My FileVault
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/17-Sep-07