Congratulations to Mark Hom of gmail.com, Mike Johnson of iwon.com, Bob Leedom of comcast.net, and Larry Whitehead of uab.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Sonora Graphics' Name Munger, worth $10. Also receiving a copy is Alexa MeeKwon Whitehead, who referred Larry to DealBITS. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Sonora Graphics is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on Name Munger through 26-Sep-07, dropping the price to $8. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code "SGNM-DealBITS-0907" when ordering. Thanks to the 555 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Avoid Simple Typos
If, like me, you find yourself typing 2911 in place of 2011 entirely too often, you can have Mac OS X (either Lion or Snow Leopard) fix such typos for you automatically. Just open the Language & Text pane of System Preferences, click the Text button at the top, and then add a text substitution by clicking the + button underneath the list. It won't work everywhere (for that you'll want a utility like Smile's TextExpander), but it should work in applications like Pages and TextEdit, and in Save dialog boxes.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger (10 Sep 07)
Published in TidBITS 896.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iPhone $100 Store Credit Process Posted
- Apple Releases iMac, iLife, Pro Application Updates
- Handsfree iPhone Call Leads to Ticket
- Deciding Between the iPhone and iPod touch
- Mac Market Share Rising at Cornell University
- iPhoto 7 Fills Glaring Holes
- Connect More Easily to Wi-Fi Hotspots with the iPhone
- Penelope Project Ships Eudora 8.0.0b1
- The Ghost in My FileVault
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/17-Sep-07