Congratulations to Mark Hom of gmail.com, Mike Johnson of iwon.com, Bob Leedom of comcast.net, and Larry Whitehead of uab.edu, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of Sonora Graphics' Name Munger, worth $10. Also receiving a copy is Alexa MeeKwon Whitehead, who referred Larry to DealBITS. But don't fret if you didn't win, since Sonora Graphics is offering all TidBITS readers a 20 percent discount on Name Munger through 26-Sep-07, dropping the price to $8. To take advantage of this offer, use coupon code "SGNM-DealBITS-0907" when ordering. Thanks to the 555 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Option-Click AirPort Menu for Network Details
If you hold down the Option key while clicking the AirPort menu in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, you'll see not just the names of nearby Wi-Fi networks, but additional details about the selected network. Details include the MAC address of the network, the channel used by the base station, the signal strength (a negative number; the closer to zero it is, the stronger the signal), and the transmit rate in megabits per second showing actual network throughput. If you hover the cursor over the name of a network to which you're not connected, a little yellow pop-up shows the signal strength and type of encryption.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Name Munger (10 Sep 07)
Published in TidBITS 896.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iPhone $100 Store Credit Process Posted
- Apple Releases iMac, iLife, Pro Application Updates
- Handsfree iPhone Call Leads to Ticket
- Deciding Between the iPhone and iPod touch
- Mac Market Share Rising at Cornell University
- iPhoto 7 Fills Glaring Holes
- Connect More Easily to Wi-Fi Hotspots with the iPhone
- Penelope Project Ships Eudora 8.0.0b1
- The Ghost in My FileVault
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/17-Sep-07