Oh man, I wish we'd thought of these titles! Crazy Apple Rumors has pushed into our ebook turf with the mock announcement of their first two titles in a new series: "Take Control of Being A Whiny-Assed Apple Customer: The Missing Manual for Dummies" and "Take Control of Suing Apple: The Missing Manual for Dummies." Be sure to read the announcement's comments for my response.
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
Published in TidBITS 900.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Board Member Al Gore Awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- 900 Issues and a Free Ebook on Wi-Fi
- Seagate Hybrid Hard Drives Not Mac-Compatible
- 3G Cell Data iPhone Now Feasible
- EasyFind 4.0: It's Easy, It Finds, It's Free
- Flying Logic: That Would Be Illogical, Captain
- An Electronic Book Giveaway: 2003, a Disaster; 2007, a Pittance
- InterviewBITS: Love/Hate with the iPhone
- Confessions of a Twitter Convert
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Oct-07