Oh man, I wish we'd thought of these titles! Crazy Apple Rumors has pushed into our ebook turf with the mock announcement of their first two titles in a new series: "Take Control of Being A Whiny-Assed Apple Customer: The Missing Manual for Dummies" and "Take Control of Suing Apple: The Missing Manual for Dummies." Be sure to read the announcement's comments for my response.
Edit iCal Event Titles Directly
In the Leopard version of iCal, double-clicking an event shows a summary of the event, and to edit the name (or anything else), you must click the Edit button in the summary pop-up. To bypass the summary and edit pop-ups entirely, Option-double-click the event name. That selects the text for editing, and you can make any changes you want. Click outside the event to save your changes.
Published in TidBITS 900.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Board Member Al Gore Awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- 900 Issues and a Free Ebook on Wi-Fi
- Seagate Hybrid Hard Drives Not Mac-Compatible
- 3G Cell Data iPhone Now Feasible
- EasyFind 4.0: It's Easy, It Finds, It's Free
- Flying Logic: That Would Be Illogical, Captain
- An Electronic Book Giveaway: 2003, a Disaster; 2007, a Pittance
- InterviewBITS: Love/Hate with the iPhone
- Confessions of a Twitter Convert
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Oct-07
Take Control Lampooned on CARS
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and