Oh man, I wish we'd thought of these titles! Crazy Apple Rumors has pushed into our ebook turf with the mock announcement of their first two titles in a new series: "Take Control of Being A Whiny-Assed Apple Customer: The Missing Manual for Dummies" and "Take Control of Suing Apple: The Missing Manual for Dummies." Be sure to read the announcement's comments for my response.
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 900.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Board Member Al Gore Awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- 900 Issues and a Free Ebook on Wi-Fi
- Seagate Hybrid Hard Drives Not Mac-Compatible
- 3G Cell Data iPhone Now Feasible
- EasyFind 4.0: It's Easy, It Finds, It's Free
- Flying Logic: That Would Be Illogical, Captain
- An Electronic Book Giveaway: 2003, a Disaster; 2007, a Pittance
- InterviewBITS: Love/Hate with the iPhone
- Confessions of a Twitter Convert
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Oct-07