Oh man, I wish we'd thought of these titles! Crazy Apple Rumors has pushed into our ebook turf with the mock announcement of their first two titles in a new series: "Take Control of Being A Whiny-Assed Apple Customer: The Missing Manual for Dummies" and "Take Control of Suing Apple: The Missing Manual for Dummies." Be sure to read the announcement's comments for my response.
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Published in TidBITS 900.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Board Member Al Gore Awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- 900 Issues and a Free Ebook on Wi-Fi
- Seagate Hybrid Hard Drives Not Mac-Compatible
- 3G Cell Data iPhone Now Feasible
- EasyFind 4.0: It's Easy, It Finds, It's Free
- Flying Logic: That Would Be Illogical, Captain
- An Electronic Book Giveaway: 2003, a Disaster; 2007, a Pittance
- InterviewBITS: Love/Hate with the iPhone
- Confessions of a Twitter Convert
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/15-Oct-07
Take Control Lampooned on CARS
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and