Apple last week released Battery Update 1.3, a 480K download that addresses unspecified battery performance issues with 15-inch MacBook Pro models (that includes the original MacBook Pro, the 15-inch Glossy model, the Late 2006 model, and the Mid 2007 2.4/2.2 GHz revision). Once the update has been applied to the currently installed battery, other batteries will be updated when inserted, at startup, or after waking from sleep. The update requires Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later.
Easily Change Firewall Settings in VirusBarrier X6
If you need different levels of protection on your laptop based on location, you can set up VirusBarrier X6's two-way firewall with multiple configurations. Whenever you change locations, switch easily to the firewall settings you want to use from the Intego menu, located in the menu bar. Make as many configurations as you want: for home, office, when you're on public Wi-Fi, and so on.
Published in TidBITS 899.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Leopard Slated for October 26th?
- Parallels and VMware Continue Rivalry; World Peace Remains Elusive
- Radioshift TiVos Internet Radio
- Cook from Your Mac: 10 Recipe Tools Compared
- Take Control News: New iPods Covered in Updated Take Control Ebook
- Take Control News: All About 802.11n AirPort Extreme Networking
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Oct-07
Battery Update 1.3 Addresses MacBook Pro Power
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>