Apple last week released Battery Update 1.3, a 480K download that addresses unspecified battery performance issues with 15-inch MacBook Pro models (that includes the original MacBook Pro, the 15-inch Glossy model, the Late 2006 model, and the Mid 2007 2.4/2.2 GHz revision). Once the update has been applied to the currently installed battery, other batteries will be updated when inserted, at startup, or after waking from sleep. The update requires Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later.
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
Published in TidBITS 899.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Leopard Slated for October 26th?
- Parallels and VMware Continue Rivalry; World Peace Remains Elusive
- Radioshift TiVos Internet Radio
- Cook from Your Mac: 10 Recipe Tools Compared
- Take Control News: New iPods Covered in Updated Take Control Ebook
- Take Control News: All About 802.11n AirPort Extreme Networking
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Oct-07