Apple last week released Battery Update 1.3, a 480K download that addresses unspecified battery performance issues with 15-inch MacBook Pro models (that includes the original MacBook Pro, the 15-inch Glossy model, the Late 2006 model, and the Mid 2007 2.4/2.2 GHz revision). Once the update has been applied to the currently installed battery, other batteries will be updated when inserted, at startup, or after waking from sleep. The update requires Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later.
Cull Graphics Quickly with Preview
You're faced with a folder full of images, and you need to sort through them, trashing some number and keeping the rest. For a quick way to do that, select them all, and open them in Preview (in Leopard, at least). You'll get a single window with each graphic as an item in the drawer. Use the arrow keys to move from image to image, and when you see one you want to trash, press Command-Delete to move it from its source folder to the Finder's Trash. (Delete by itself just removes the picture from Preview's drawer.)
Published in TidBITS 899.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Leopard Slated for October 26th?
- Parallels and VMware Continue Rivalry; World Peace Remains Elusive
- Radioshift TiVos Internet Radio
- Cook from Your Mac: 10 Recipe Tools Compared
- Take Control News: New iPods Covered in Updated Take Control Ebook
- Take Control News: All About 802.11n AirPort Extreme Networking
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Oct-07