Apple last week released Battery Update 1.3, a 480K download that addresses unspecified battery performance issues with 15-inch MacBook Pro models (that includes the original MacBook Pro, the 15-inch Glossy model, the Late 2006 model, and the Mid 2007 2.4/2.2 GHz revision). Once the update has been applied to the currently installed battery, other batteries will be updated when inserted, at startup, or after waking from sleep. The update requires Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 899.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Leopard Slated for October 26th?
- Parallels and VMware Continue Rivalry; World Peace Remains Elusive
- Radioshift TiVos Internet Radio
- Cook from Your Mac: 10 Recipe Tools Compared
- Take Control News: New iPods Covered in Updated Take Control Ebook
- Take Control News: All About 802.11n AirPort Extreme Networking
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Oct-07
Battery Update 1.3 Addresses MacBook Pro Power
need, with more than one hundred new features! The leading
professional HTML and text editor for the Mac keeps getting better!
Download the demo and see for yourself! <http://barebones.com/>