Startly Technologies has released a free update to the long-standing automation utility QuicKeys X3, adding a few features, fixing some bugs, tweaking the interface, and most notably, providing compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. With low-level utilities like QuicKeys, older versions often don't work well across major updates to Mac OS X, so any QuicKeys users planning to upgrade to Leopard should install this update first. Other improvements in QuicKeys X3 3.2 include the capability to hide QuicKeys from the Dock on Intel-based Macs, support for the new Apple aluminum keyboards, timeouts in Wait actions, the capability to run QuicKeys shortcuts from Automator, an option to display a more advanced or less advanced interface, and more. QuicKeys X3 3.2 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and is a 12.3 MB download.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Fight Gravity with Game Your Video
The Reverse button in Game Your Video can often provide hilarious results. Use the Reverse button if you have filmed yourself eating something or diving into a pool, and get some cool anti-gravity effects.
Visit Global Delight
Published in TidBITS 901.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Sells Record Number of Macs for Q4 2007
- Apple Goes with Orange
- iPhone Software Development Kit Set for February 2008
- Apple Cuts iTunes Plus Price to 99 Cents
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.2 Fixes Bugs
- Solve Link-Clicking Problems When Reading PDFs
- It's Official: Leopard Ships on October 26th, 2007
- The Best (and Worst) of Leopard
- How Leopard Will Improve Your Security
- Are Your Fonts Ready for Leopard?
- Take Control News: Start Preparing for Leopard Now with New Ebooks
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Oct-07