Startly Technologies has released a free update to the long-standing automation utility QuicKeys X3, adding a few features, fixing some bugs, tweaking the interface, and most notably, providing compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. With low-level utilities like QuicKeys, older versions often don't work well across major updates to Mac OS X, so any QuicKeys users planning to upgrade to Leopard should install this update first. Other improvements in QuicKeys X3 3.2 include the capability to hide QuicKeys from the Dock on Intel-based Macs, support for the new Apple aluminum keyboards, timeouts in Wait actions, the capability to run QuicKeys shortcuts from Automator, an option to display a more advanced or less advanced interface, and more. QuicKeys X3 3.2 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later, and is a 12.3 MB download.
Create Rules Based on Entourage Messages
When creating rules in Entourage 2008, you can save some time by selecting a message like those you want the rule to work on before defining the rule. That way, when you add criteria to your rule, Entourage fills in the data based on the data in the selected message. So if you wanted to filter messages containing TidBITS, you could select an issue and add a new "From Contains" criterion to a rule. Entourage will automatically fill in the firstname.lastname@example.org address in the criterion.
Published in TidBITS 901.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Sells Record Number of Macs for Q4 2007
- Apple Goes with Orange
- iPhone Software Development Kit Set for February 2008
- Apple Cuts iTunes Plus Price to 99 Cents
- Apple Remote Desktop 3.2 Fixes Bugs
- Solve Link-Clicking Problems When Reading PDFs
- It's Official: Leopard Ships on October 26th, 2007
- The Best (and Worst) of Leopard
- How Leopard Will Improve Your Security
- Are Your Fonts Ready for Leopard?
- Take Control News: Start Preparing for Leopard Now with New Ebooks
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/22-Oct-07