The investigative "reporters" at Crazy Apple Rumors Site have been poking around our corporate dumpster again, and it pains me to admit that they've come across our secret plans for, well, just about everything. Curses! I hope they also stumbled across the carcass left over from last week's roast chicken dinner - it should have been pretty ripe by then.
Access Street View in iPhone Maps
Finding the Google Street View feature in the iPhone 2.2 version of Maps is tricky - there's no button for it. If you're viewing a map that you think might have a street view, drop a pin (tap the curled paper icon at lower right, then tap Drop Pin or Replace Pin if a pin is already being used). An orange person icon at the left of the pin's information line is dark and can be tapped if Street View information is available.
Published in TidBITS 903.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Minor MacBook and MacBook Pro Upgrades
- iTunes 7.5 and QuickTime 7.3 Released
- OSX.RSPlug.A Trojan Horse Targets Mac OS X
- Install Applications with iPhone 1.1.1 Software
- O2 Clarifies UK iPhone Data Limits
- Gmail's New IMAP Support a Boon to Mac and iPhone Users
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of TextExpander 2
- GrandPerspective and WhatSize Identify Disk Pigs
- Explaining Our Recent Server Woes
- Apple to Allow Virtualization of Leopard
- Leopard Firewall Takes One Step Forward, Three Steps Back
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Nov-07