The investigative "reporters" at Crazy Apple Rumors Site have been poking around our corporate dumpster again, and it pains me to admit that they've come across our secret plans for, well, just about everything. Curses! I hope they also stumbled across the carcass left over from last week's roast chicken dinner - it should have been pretty ripe by then.
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 903.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Minor MacBook and MacBook Pro Upgrades
- iTunes 7.5 and QuickTime 7.3 Released
- OSX.RSPlug.A Trojan Horse Targets Mac OS X
- Install Applications with iPhone 1.1.1 Software
- O2 Clarifies UK iPhone Data Limits
- Gmail's New IMAP Support a Boon to Mac and iPhone Users
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of TextExpander 2
- GrandPerspective and WhatSize Identify Disk Pigs
- Explaining Our Recent Server Woes
- Apple to Allow Virtualization of Leopard
- Leopard Firewall Takes One Step Forward, Three Steps Back
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-Nov-07
CARS Discovers Our Secret Agenda
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>