Congratulations to Susan Varney of roadrunner.com, Chris Lozac'h of ilovelife.com, and Bill Bauer of mac.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's TextExpander 2, worth $29.95. Thanks to the 783 people who entered this DealBITS drawing (and received a discount on TextExpander 2), and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Before Submitting Web Forms
Filling in Web forms (like the one used to submit this tip) can be a bit of a gamble - you put in your pearls of wisdom, perhaps only to lose them all if the Web page flakes out or the browser crashes. Instead of losing all your text, "save" it by pressing Command-A to select all and then Command-C to copy the selected text to the clipboard. Do this periodically as you type and before you click Submit, and you may "save" yourself from a lot of frustration. It takes just a second to do, and the first time you need to rely on it to paste back in lost text, you'll feel smart.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of TextExpander 2 (04 Nov 07)
Published in TidBITS 904.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Stay Up to Date on Leopard Compatibility
- BBEdit 8.7.1 Adds Features, Fixes Bugs, Saves Data
- Freeverse Sponsoring TidBITS
- Word 2004 Crashing Bug Squashed
- New Apple Ads: Real, Fake, and Funny
- VMware Releases Fusion 1.1 Update, VMware Importer
- AT&T Offers New International iPhone Data Plans
- Design Tools Monthly Hits 15 Years in Print
- Google's View of Our Cell Phone Future Is an Android, Not a GPhone
- Spotlight Strikes Back: In Leopard, It Works Great
- Take Control News: All Leopard Titles Available in Print
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/12-Nov-07