If you've been wanting to get printed versions of our Take Control books about Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, you need wait no longer. Each of the books' Web pages in our Web catalog now has a Buy Print Book button on the left side, and anyone who has already purchased an ebook version can now click the Print link at the top of the PDF's first page to order a discounted print copy. We recommend purchasing the print version from within the ebook so you'll get both the ebook - with its Check for Updates link - and the print version for the same price as a directly purchased print copy.
Untrash the Trash
Feeling trasher's remorse? On Snow Leopard, you can open the Trash (click the Trash icon in the Dock) and "untrash" individual items there. Select one or more trashed items (files and folders) and choose File > Put Back. This returns the items to where they were when you originally put them in the trash. The keyboard shortcut is Command-Delete - the same as the shortcut for trashing an item in the first place, since in deleting something from the trash you are untrashing it.
Published in TidBITS 904.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Stay Up to Date on Leopard Compatibility
- BBEdit 8.7.1 Adds Features, Fixes Bugs, Saves Data
- Freeverse Sponsoring TidBITS
- Word 2004 Crashing Bug Squashed
- New Apple Ads: Real, Fake, and Funny
- VMware Releases Fusion 1.1 Update, VMware Importer
- AT&T Offers New International iPhone Data Plans
- Design Tools Monthly Hits 15 Years in Print
- DealBITS Winners: SmileOnMyMac's TextExpander 2
- Google's View of Our Cell Phone Future Is an Android, Not a GPhone
- Spotlight Strikes Back: In Leopard, It Works Great
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/12-Nov-07