If you think your recent Mac laptop has decided to slack off, an update released at the end of 2007 might be the solution. For Intel-based laptop owners, the MacBook, MacBook Pro Software Update 1.1, fixes a problem wherein the keyboard occasionally stops responding for a minute or longer. (I've wondered what that was all about!) This update requires that the Mac OS X 10.5.1 update be installed first. (No word on whether the problem can affect 10.4 users.) The update is less than 1 MB and can be downloaded from Software Update or the Apple Web site.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Disabling Dock Space-Making Feature
Having a hard time dragging a file into a folder in the Dock without the Dock trying to make room for it? Holding down Command while dragging the item temporarily disables this Dock feature.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 909.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-009 1.1 Released with Important Fixes
- MacTech Benchmarks Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion
- TidBITS Events at Macworld SF 2008
- Think Secret Shuts Down in Wake of Apple Settlement
- Intuit Alienates Mac Users With QuickBooks Fiasco
- The iPhone and the Googlewhackblatt
- The Trick to Adjusting Dates in iPhoto Calendars
- Amazon Delivers Like It's 1999
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Jan-08