If you think your recent Mac laptop has decided to slack off, an update released at the end of 2007 might be the solution. For Intel-based laptop owners, the MacBook, MacBook Pro Software Update 1.1, fixes a problem wherein the keyboard occasionally stops responding for a minute or longer. (I've wondered what that was all about!) This update requires that the Mac OS X 10.5.1 update be installed first. (No word on whether the problem can affect 10.4 users.) The update is less than 1 MB and can be downloaded from Software Update or the Apple Web site.
Easy Fetch Upload
If you want to upload an open file (e.g. in Photoshop or BBEdit) to a remote server via the Fetch FTP client, you can use drag-and drop without switching to the Finder. Just drag the small document icon in the window title bar to a Fetch window. If the icon won't drag, make sure the file is saved.
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 909.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Security Update 2007-009 1.1 Released with Important Fixes
- MacTech Benchmarks Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion
- TidBITS Events at Macworld SF 2008
- Think Secret Shuts Down in Wake of Apple Settlement
- Intuit Alienates Mac Users With QuickBooks Fiasco
- The iPhone and the Googlewhackblatt
- The Trick to Adjusting Dates in iPhoto Calendars
- Amazon Delivers Like It's 1999
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/07-Jan-08