Have you ever thought of attending Macworld Expo in San Francisco, but decided that the price of airfare, hotel, and admission (cheap for the exhibit hall, high for conference tracks) wasn't in your budget? Our coverage will provide most of the high-level details you need to know what went on, but it won't give you the feel for what it's like to be at the show. This year we tried something a little different, and you can get a taste of what Macworld is like through the associated podcast - click Listen to hear about 25 minutes of discussions and jocularity before and after the keynote, as I spoke to friends and colleagues.
The list of notables, in order, includes:
- John Moltz, Crazy Apple Rumors Site
- John Gruber, Daring Fireball
- Rich Mogull, security guru, TidBITS Security Editor
- Dan Moren and Derik DeLong, MacUser
- Dan Lyons, Fake Steve Jobs and Forbes
- Julio Ojeda-Zapata, St. Paul Pioneer Press
- Randy Newman, a fair-use bit of "You've Got a Friend in Me"
- Rich Mogull again with Tonya Engst and Adam Engst, the illustrious editor in chief and publisher of TidBITS, respectively
- John Nemerovski, MyMac.com
- John Moltz, again, outside the Macworld Podcast studio