Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 911.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuickTime 7.4 Improves Security, but Not Enough
- iMovie 7.1.1 and Front Row 2.1.2 Released
- Taste of Macworld Keynote Day Podcast
- MacBook Air Introduced as World's Thinnest Notebook
- iTunes Movie Rentals and Apple TV, Take 2
- Time Capsule Bundles AirPort Base Station and Backup Disk
- Time Capsule and Its Associated Rage Factor
- iPhone and iPod touch Become Self-Aware
- More Women at Macworld Expo?
- Mac Industry Marching to a Different Beat
- Word 2008 and the Paste Plain Text Dance
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Jan-08
DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of the MathMagic Equation Editor
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and