Open a Finder Window with the App Switcher
If you don't have any Finder windows open and want to switch to the Finder and open a window in one fell swoop, bring up the app switcher with Command-Tab and tab over to the Finder icon. While still holding down Command, press the Option key, and then release the Command key. You're switched to the Finder, with a new default window open for you.
Published in TidBITS 911.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuickTime 7.4 Improves Security, but Not Enough
- iMovie 7.1.1 and Front Row 2.1.2 Released
- Taste of Macworld Keynote Day Podcast
- MacBook Air Introduced as World's Thinnest Notebook
- iTunes Movie Rentals and Apple TV, Take 2
- Time Capsule Bundles AirPort Base Station and Backup Disk
- Time Capsule and Its Associated Rage Factor
- iPhone and iPod touch Become Self-Aware
- More Women at Macworld Expo?
- Mac Industry Marching to a Different Beat
- Word 2008 and the Paste Plain Text Dance
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Jan-08
DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of the MathMagic Equation Editor
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>