Congratulations to Douglas St.Clair of tellink.net, John Samson of lboro.ac.uk, and Noella Cormier of rogers.com., whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of InfoLogic's MathMagic Personal Edition, worth $119.95. (Since Noella was referred to DealBITS by Robert Cormier, he received a copy too.) If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save $30 on a license for MathMagic Personal Edition with two years of free upgrades; it's only $89.95 through 06-Feb-08 via InfoLogic's special DealBITS order page. Thanks to the 402 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Published in TidBITS 912.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Beats Earnings Records with Q1 2008 Results
- AT&T Offers iPhone for Enterprise
- Apple Ships Pink iPod nano, Apologizes to Tonya
- Microsoft Relaxes Licensing for Virtualized Vista
- Rich Mogull Joins TidBITS as Security Editor
- More Podcast Coverage from Macworld Expo
- 16 Superlative Macworld Expo SF 2008 Products
- Macworld Expo Laptop Bag Roundup and Slideshow
- Everything You Need to Know about iPhone 1.1.3
- Gauging Openness with iPhone as Measure
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Jan-08