Congratulations to Douglas St.Clair of tellink.net, John Samson of lboro.ac.uk, and Noella Cormier of rogers.com., whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of InfoLogic's MathMagic Personal Edition, worth $119.95. (Since Noella was referred to DealBITS by Robert Cormier, he received a copy too.) If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save $30 on a license for MathMagic Personal Edition with two years of free upgrades; it's only $89.95 through 06-Feb-08 via InfoLogic's special DealBITS order page. Thanks to the 402 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 912.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Beats Earnings Records with Q1 2008 Results
- AT&T Offers iPhone for Enterprise
- Apple Ships Pink iPod nano, Apologizes to Tonya
- Microsoft Relaxes Licensing for Virtualized Vista
- Rich Mogull Joins TidBITS as Security Editor
- More Podcast Coverage from Macworld Expo
- 16 Superlative Macworld Expo SF 2008 Products
- Macworld Expo Laptop Bag Roundup and Slideshow
- Everything You Need to Know about iPhone 1.1.3
- Gauging Openness with iPhone as Measure
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Jan-08
DealBITS Discount: Save $30 on MathMagic Equation Editor
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and