Here's a tip for any of you early installers of Office 2008 for Mac: If you're experiencing a crash on launching Word 2008, try throwing out its settings file. Look in your home directory for Microsoft's preferences folder at ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft. Move the Word Settings (10) file to the Desktop and relaunch Word 2008. That did the trick (with some help from Microsoft tech support) for me under Leopard on an older PowerBook G4. If moving Word Settings (10) out of the way solves your problem, trash the file.
Move Multiple Windows Simultaneously in Spaces
Command-drag a window in Spaces to move all windows associated with the dragged window's application to a new space. Control-drag will do the same thing, and will also preserve the same screen position in the space in which you drop the windows.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 913.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iWork and iWeb Updated, Apple Restricts Release Notes
- Microsoft Bids $44.6 Billion for Yahoo
- CS Odessa Sponsoring TidBITS
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Sound Studio 3
- Crazy Apple Rumors Site Kills Self, Collapses Mineshaft
- For Want of a File, an Operating System Was Lost
- Quick Fix for a Mac Typing in the Wrong Language
- Catalog Choice Slammed by Direct Marketing Association
- New Leopard Ebooks Help with Backups, Maintenance, and More
- Looking Video Chat Problems in the Eye
- When Is a Warranty Not a Warranty?
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/04-Feb-08