Congratulations to Donald Schaefer of sisna.com and Keith Olson of mac.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $79.99 Sound Studio 3, along with Bruce Hobbs, who referred Keith to DealBITS (this is the second drawing in a row where a winner was referred by a friend). If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 20 percent on Sound Studio 3; it's only $63.99 through 20-Feb-08 if you use coupon code "SS3Bits" when ordering from Freeverse. Thanks to the 942 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Set Password Activation Time in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, you can now set an amount of time after your Mac goes to sleep or engages the screen saver before it requires a password to log back on. In Leopard, the option was simply to require the password or not. Choose among several increments, between 5 seconds and 4 hours, from System Preferences > Security.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Sound Studio 3 (03 Feb 08)
Published in TidBITS 914.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- 16 GB iPhone and 32 GB iPod touch Released
- QuickTime 7.4.1 Fixes Zero-Day Vulnerability
- iPhoto 7.1.2 Blocks Security Vulnerability
- iPhoto Print Products Available in Australia and New Zealand
- O2 Tweaks UK Monthly iPhone Plans
- Scan Mac News Headlines at Alltop
- Please Welcome Eliana Wren Carlson
- Tips for Better iPhoto Cards
- More Mileposts Along Road to 3G iPhone
- Apple Punished for iTunes Success
- My First Macworld Expo
- Get Bit Literate, with a Buggy Whip
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Feb-08