If you use Linotype's FontExplorer X for Leopard font management and you installed the Mac OS X 10.5.2 update, you might find that Word and InDesign hang on launch. Linotype's programmers were obviously nearly done with a Leopard compatibility update, and released version 1.2.3 shortly after 10.5.2 appeared. This revision lets the program work better with Leopard, and happens to fix the 10.5.2 glitch; TidBITS reader Peter Trinder sent email to say that the 1.2.3 update solved his problems with Word and InDesign.
Stylin' a Word Comment Balloon
If you work with Word's Comment feature, you may find that the comment-balloon text is too small to work with, or you may just want some variety. To modify the style, choose Format > Style. From the List pop-up menu, choose All Styles. Select Balloon Text from the Style list. Modify the style as you like, and then click Apply. I like Arial Narrow, 12 point.
Published in TidBITS 915.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Aperture 2
- AT&T Adds ExpressCard 3G Cell Data Option for MacBook Pro
- Leopard Emerges from Beta as 10.5.2 Ships
- Leopard 10.5.2: TidBITS Complains, Apple Listens, Sort Of
- iTunes Fails the Parental Rental
- Extend iTunes Movie Rentals Beyond 24 Hours
- Starbucks Deal Brewed with AT&T Has Hints of Apple
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Feb-08