If you use Linotype's FontExplorer X for Leopard font management and you installed the Mac OS X 10.5.2 update, you might find that Word and InDesign hang on launch. Linotype's programmers were obviously nearly done with a Leopard compatibility update, and released version 1.2.3 shortly after 10.5.2 appeared. This revision lets the program work better with Leopard, and happens to fix the 10.5.2 glitch; TidBITS reader Peter Trinder sent email to say that the 1.2.3 update solved his problems with Word and InDesign.
Edit Last Expanded Snippet in TextExpander
Sometimes you expand a snippet and realize you need to make some changes. Instead of opening TextExpander and tracking down the snippet, use the Edit Last Expanded Snippet hotkey. Once you press your hotkey combination, a window opens to let you edit and save your the last snippet you expanded.
Take the time to set your Edit Last Expanded Snippet hotkey in TextExpander's preferences, and you'll save time in the long run!
Published in TidBITS 915.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Aperture 2
- AT&T Adds ExpressCard 3G Cell Data Option for MacBook Pro
- Leopard Emerges from Beta as 10.5.2 Ships
- Leopard 10.5.2: TidBITS Complains, Apple Listens, Sort Of
- iTunes Fails the Parental Rental
- Extend iTunes Movie Rentals Beyond 24 Hours
- Starbucks Deal Brewed with AT&T Has Hints of Apple
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Feb-08
Linotype FontExplorer Broken by 10.5.2, Fixed Already
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>