If you use Linotype's FontExplorer X for Leopard font management and you installed the Mac OS X 10.5.2 update, you might find that Word and InDesign hang on launch. Linotype's programmers were obviously nearly done with a Leopard compatibility update, and released version 1.2.3 shortly after 10.5.2 appeared. This revision lets the program work better with Leopard, and happens to fix the 10.5.2 glitch; TidBITS reader Peter Trinder sent email to say that the 1.2.3 update solved his problems with Word and InDesign.
Show Recent Items in Snow Leopard
The Recent Items submenu in the Apple menu is handy, but what if you want to work with a file in there in the Finder, rather than open it? Just press Command when that menu is showing, and all the Applications and Documents change to "Show ... in Finder." This feature is new as of Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard.
Published in TidBITS 915.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Aperture 2
- AT&T Adds ExpressCard 3G Cell Data Option for MacBook Pro
- Leopard Emerges from Beta as 10.5.2 Ships
- Leopard 10.5.2: TidBITS Complains, Apple Listens, Sort Of
- iTunes Fails the Parental Rental
- Extend iTunes Movie Rentals Beyond 24 Hours
- Starbucks Deal Brewed with AT&T Has Hints of Apple
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Feb-08