If you use Linotype's FontExplorer X for Leopard font management and you installed the Mac OS X 10.5.2 update, you might find that Word and InDesign hang on launch. Linotype's programmers were obviously nearly done with a Leopard compatibility update, and released version 1.2.3 shortly after 10.5.2 appeared. This revision lets the program work better with Leopard, and happens to fix the 10.5.2 glitch; TidBITS reader Peter Trinder sent email to say that the 1.2.3 update solved his problems with Word and InDesign.
Export Word 2008's Audio Notes to Your iPod
You can use Word 2008's Notebook Layout View to take notes and record audio for lectures. Choose View > Notebook Layout View. Click the Audio icon in the Notebook Layout toolbar and then adjust the input volume and click the round recording button. Any notes you type while recording audio are coordinated with the audio. Sync your notes to your iPod for on-the-go studying. Choose Tools > Audio Notes > Export Audio. Save the file to your iTunes music folder.
Visit Mactopia - Word 2008
Published in TidBITS 915.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Aperture 2
- AT&T Adds ExpressCard 3G Cell Data Option for MacBook Pro
- Leopard Emerges from Beta as 10.5.2 Ships
- Leopard 10.5.2: TidBITS Complains, Apple Listens, Sort Of
- iTunes Fails the Parental Rental
- Extend iTunes Movie Rentals Beyond 24 Hours
- Starbucks Deal Brewed with AT&T Has Hints of Apple
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Feb-08
Linotype FontExplorer Broken by 10.5.2, Fixed Already
scanning solutions for companies of any size. Make your life more
productive, mobile, paperless, and efficient with a ScanSnap
scanner. To learn more, visit: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>