If you use Linotype's FontExplorer X for Leopard font management and you installed the Mac OS X 10.5.2 update, you might find that Word and InDesign hang on launch. Linotype's programmers were obviously nearly done with a Leopard compatibility update, and released version 1.2.3 shortly after 10.5.2 appeared. This revision lets the program work better with Leopard, and happens to fix the 10.5.2 glitch; TidBITS reader Peter Trinder sent email to say that the 1.2.3 update solved his problems with Word and InDesign.
Instant Full-Screen Slideshow
For an instant full-screen slideshow of a bunch of pictures, select them in the Finder, and press Command-Option-Y. (This is the same as pressing the Space bar, clicking the full-screen button in the Quick Look toolbar, and clicking the play button.)
Published in TidBITS 915.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Aperture 2
- AT&T Adds ExpressCard 3G Cell Data Option for MacBook Pro
- Leopard Emerges from Beta as 10.5.2 Ships
- Leopard 10.5.2: TidBITS Complains, Apple Listens, Sort Of
- iTunes Fails the Parental Rental
- Extend iTunes Movie Rentals Beyond 24 Hours
- Starbucks Deal Brewed with AT&T Has Hints of Apple
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/18-Feb-08