Congratulations to Gabriel Jolivet at gmail.com and Simon Horn at gmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $60 IPNetMonitorX. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 25 percent on IPNetMonitorX; it's only $45 through 03-Apr-08 if you use coupon code "TidBitsPromo" when ordering from Sustainable Softworks. Thanks to the 984 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Before Submitting Web Forms
Filling in Web forms (like the one used to submit this tip) can be a bit of a gamble - you put in your pearls of wisdom, perhaps only to lose them all if the Web page flakes out or the browser crashes. Instead of losing all your text, "save" it by pressing Command-A to select all and then Command-C to copy the selected text to the clipboard. Do this periodically as you type and before you click Submit, and you may "save" yourself from a lot of frustration. It takes just a second to do, and the first time you need to rely on it to paste back in lost text, you'll feel smart.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of IPNetMonitorX (17 Mar 08)
Published in TidBITS 920.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Update Extends Time Capsule, Adds AirDisk Support
- Adobe Ships Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac OS X
- iPhone the Hot Ticket Item in... Syria?
- Discussing the Importance of the iPhone SDK on MacNotables
- Watch Adam's Hacking the Press Talk from C4
- Safari 3.1 Enhances Performance and Web Standards Support
- The Internet Organizes Itself: Here Comes Everybody
- Why Do Simple Updates Require Big Downloads?
- Verifying Web Links in PDF Files
- Should Mac Users Run Antivirus Software?
- Take Control News: Produce Professional-Looking Sites with iWeb
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 24-Mar-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-Mar-08