Congratulations to Gabriel Jolivet at gmail.com and Simon Horn at gmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $60 IPNetMonitorX. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 25 percent on IPNetMonitorX; it's only $45 through 03-Apr-08 if you use coupon code "TidBitsPromo" when ordering from Sustainable Softworks. Thanks to the 984 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Find Which Applications Phone Home with VirusBarrier X6
Worried about rogue applications or spyware "phoning home" with your private data? Turn on VirusBarrier's Anti-Spyware feature, and it will alert you to applications that attempt to connect to remote servers. Once you know which apps are phoning home, you can block or allow each individually, and you can even block or allow specific ports for each application, to ensure that your private data stays private.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of IPNetMonitorX (17 Mar 08)
Published in TidBITS 920.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Update Extends Time Capsule, Adds AirDisk Support
- Adobe Ships Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac OS X
- iPhone the Hot Ticket Item in... Syria?
- Discussing the Importance of the iPhone SDK on MacNotables
- Watch Adam's Hacking the Press Talk from C4
- Safari 3.1 Enhances Performance and Web Standards Support
- The Internet Organizes Itself: Here Comes Everybody
- Why Do Simple Updates Require Big Downloads?
- Verifying Web Links in PDF Files
- Should Mac Users Run Antivirus Software?
- Take Control News: Produce Professional-Looking Sites with iWeb
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 24-Mar-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-Mar-08