On a recent two-part MacNotables podcast, Chuck Joiner and I talked for a while about the iPhone SDK. In the first part, we examined the level of control Apple is exercising, the positive response from developers, and the future of the jailbreaking community. In the second part, we talked about the business model of the iPhone App Store, the enterprise aspects of the announcement, and why the iPhone makes sense mostly in urban environments.
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
Published in TidBITS 920.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- AirPort Update Extends Time Capsule, Adds AirDisk Support
- Adobe Ships Photoshop Elements 6 for Mac OS X
- iPhone the Hot Ticket Item in... Syria?
- DealBITS Discount: Save 25% on IPNetMonitorX
- Watch Adam's Hacking the Press Talk from C4
- Safari 3.1 Enhances Performance and Web Standards Support
- The Internet Organizes Itself: Here Comes Everybody
- Why Do Simple Updates Require Big Downloads?
- Verifying Web Links in PDF Files
- Should Mac Users Run Antivirus Software?
- Take Control News: Produce Professional-Looking Sites with iWeb
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 24-Mar-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/24-Mar-08
Discussing the Importance of the iPhone SDK on MacNotables
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Chris Du Ve, Gerson D Rothenberg, Mark Snyder, and
Philip Kassel for their generous support!