If you're bilingual in English and either Dutch or Japanese (all three is not required!), we can use your help. Both our Dutch and Japanese translation teams are running slightly short-handed and could use a few more volunteers to spread out the effort. In essence, you'd work with the other members of the teams to help translate TidBITS from English into either Dutch or Japanese for the thousands of people who read TidBITS in those languages. You can read more about what's involved with both the Dutch translation and the Japanese translation at their respective pages. Thanks for any help you can provide, and do note that as a small token of our appreciation, translators receive all Take Control ebooks for free.
New Documents in Snow Leopard's TextEdit
In the Snow Leopard version of TextEdit, you can now create a new document by Control-clicking TextEdit's Dock icon (when it's running), and choosing New Document from the pop-up menu. This isn't a major feature, of course, since you can also just press Command-N while in TextEdit, but consider Control-clicking other applications' Dock icons to see what functions they might make available.
Published in TidBITS 926.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Latest iMacs Offer Faster CPUs and Nvidia Graphics Option
- Apple Reports Record Q2 Financials
- Microsoft Offers Online Storage, Sync through Live Mesh
- Take Control News: iPhone Ebook Now Covers iPhone 1.1.4
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of HoudahGeo
- Hand Coding HTML Is Still in Vogue
- QuickTime Security Enhanced with Anti-Exploitation Technologies
- Cataloging Photos and Storing Them on the Computer
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28-Apr-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Apr-08