If you're bilingual in English and either Dutch or Japanese (all three is not required!), we can use your help. Both our Dutch and Japanese translation teams are running slightly short-handed and could use a few more volunteers to spread out the effort. In essence, you'd work with the other members of the teams to help translate TidBITS from English into either Dutch or Japanese for the thousands of people who read TidBITS in those languages. You can read more about what's involved with both the Dutch translation and the Japanese translation at their respective pages. Thanks for any help you can provide, and do note that as a small token of our appreciation, translators receive all Take Control ebooks for free.
Mac OS X Zip Expanding Utility
Firefox (and possibly other applications) may ask you what you want to do with .zip archives that you download from the Internet. If you want to expand them with Mac OS X (rather than StuffIt Expander), you may be unsure of which application actually does the job. You're looking for Archive Utility (in Leopard and later) or BOMArchiveHelper (in Tiger). In either case, the application is stored in Hard Drive/System/Library/Core Services/. Don't move it from there, though, or you'll confuse matters.
Published in TidBITS 926.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Latest iMacs Offer Faster CPUs and Nvidia Graphics Option
- Apple Reports Record Q2 Financials
- Microsoft Offers Online Storage, Sync through Live Mesh
- Take Control News: iPhone Ebook Now Covers iPhone 1.1.4
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of HoudahGeo
- Hand Coding HTML Is Still in Vogue
- QuickTime Security Enhanced with Anti-Exploitation Technologies
- Cataloging Photos and Storing Them on the Computer
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28-Apr-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Apr-08