If you're bilingual in English and either Dutch or Japanese (all three is not required!), we can use your help. Both our Dutch and Japanese translation teams are running slightly short-handed and could use a few more volunteers to spread out the effort. In essence, you'd work with the other members of the teams to help translate TidBITS from English into either Dutch or Japanese for the thousands of people who read TidBITS in those languages. You can read more about what's involved with both the Dutch translation and the Japanese translation at their respective pages. Thanks for any help you can provide, and do note that as a small token of our appreciation, translators receive all Take Control ebooks for free.
Editing iCal Events in Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard makes looking at event details in iCal easier. In the Leopard version of iCal, you had to double-click an event to reveal only some information in a pop-up box; you then needed to click the Edit button (or press Command-E) to edit an item's information. In Snow Leopard, choose Edit > Show Inspector (or press Command-Option-I) to bring up a floating inspector that provides an editable view of any items selected in your calendar.
Published in TidBITS 926.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Latest iMacs Offer Faster CPUs and Nvidia Graphics Option
- Apple Reports Record Q2 Financials
- Microsoft Offers Online Storage, Sync through Live Mesh
- Take Control News: iPhone Ebook Now Covers iPhone 1.1.4
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of HoudahGeo
- Hand Coding HTML Is Still in Vogue
- QuickTime Security Enhanced with Anti-Exploitation Technologies
- Cataloging Photos and Storing Them on the Computer
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28-Apr-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/28-Apr-08
Dutch and Japanese Translators Wanted!
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>