- Logic Pro 8.0.2 from Apple fixes unspecified bugs and compatibility problems in Logic Pro 8.0 and the bundled Waveburner 1.5 and Impulse Response Utility 1.0. ($499 new, free upgrade, 139 MB)
- Airfoil 3.2 from Rogue Amoeba improves support for the new Draft N (802.11n) AirPort Express, including better synchronization and what Rogue Amoeba describes as "full password support." This update also handles remote control for QuickTime Player and iTunes via an Apple Remote with an Apple TV or Keyspan Express Remote with an AirPort Express. Airfoil streams music across a network from any application to AirPort Express base stations, other computers, and Apple TV. ($25, free upgrade for 3.x owners, $10 upgrade for 2.x owners, 10 MB)
- SpamSieve 2.7 from C-Command Software updates the powerful spam-filtering software with a variety of accuracy improvements aimed at dealing with obfuscations, image attachments, URLs, and HTML. Other changes include increased performance and lower memory use, cosmetic changes to the rule and corpus windows, and more. ($30, free upgrade, 5.1 MB)
- TextExpander 2.2 from SmileOnMyMac adds to the typing shortcut tool a pre-defined snippet group with common CSS code to help people who design Web sites using Cascading Style Sheets. Other changes in version 2.2 include compatibility with MacSpeech Dictate, limiting of the "Adapt to Case" option to lowercase snippets and abbreviations with two or more characters, and disabling of expansion when Shift-Space is typed. ($29.95, free upgrade, 3.9 MB)
- KeyCue 4.2 from Ergonis Software helps users learn and remember keyboard shortcuts by displaying a concise table of all available shortcuts for the current application when the Command key is held down. Version 4.2 adds support for Stairways Software's Keyboard Maestro 3.0, showing Keyboard Maestro hot keys along with those that are native to the current application. Other changes include the capability to avoid overlapping with the heads-up display of clipboards in Script Software's CopyPaste Pro and a bug fix that could prevent the Mac from restarting or shutting down. (19.95 euros, free upgrade if purchased within the last 2 years or 9.99 euros for 2-year license renewal, 907K)
Undo in Game Your Video
While editing a video, if you have applied an effect that you want to remove, use the Undo option. To do this, just double-tap the portion of the video where you want to remove the applied effect. This patch will snap to the Timeline and a Cancel button will appear. Tap it to remove the effect.
Visit Global Delight
Published in TidBITS 930.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Nisus Writer Pro 1.1 Adds Comments, Mail Merge, and More
- Unpatched iCal Security Flaws Present Low Risk
- Take Control News: Two New Books about GarageBand '08
- Help! I'm Being Held Captive, and All I Have Is a Wi-Fi Network!
- iPhone Survivor: Traveling Without a Laptop
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/26-May-08
TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 26-May-08
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>