- Keyboard Maestro 3.1 from Stairways Software enhances the macro utility with a slew of new capabilities for working with the clipboard, most notably a new Clipboard History Switcher that lets users see and paste previous clipboard contents. Keyboard Maestro 3.1 can also now filter the contents of the clipboard before pasting, run clipboard contents through BBEdit Text Factories, and put specific text (including variables) on the clipboard. Other changes in 3.1 include full scripting support so any Keyboard Maestro action can be automated via AppleScript, a change in the way the clipboard is restored after using a clipboard action, and support for simulated keystrokes in the Insert Text action. ($36 new, free upgrades for 3.0 users, 5.6 MB)
- Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 2.1 from Apple extends raw file compatibility for Aperture 2 and iPhoto '08 for the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi/Kiss Digital x2/450D, Epson R-D1, Leaf AFi 7, Leaf AFi 6, Leaf AFi 5, Pentax K200D, and Pentax K20D. The update requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.2 and later. (Free update, 2.4 MB)
- Logic Express Update 8.0.2 from Apple "addresses specific customer and compatibility issues of Logic Express 8.0." We think that means that it fixes bugs, but you're free to invent your own interpretation. ($199 new, free update, 73.7 MB)
- Delicious Library 2 from Delicious Monster has at long last made its appearance. The software provides a graphical look at your physical stuff - media, but now also tools, toys, and clothing - as well as iTunes music and software. Version 2 was delayed due to some major functional changes in version 1 midstream, and the company's decision to go Leopard-only. The company provides an exhaustive list of new features, which includes a number of options to share one's whole library or selections thereof, including publishing to .Mac and Web sites. ($40 new, $20 upgrade if purchased before 01-Dec-07, free if purchased thereafter)
Record HD in Game Your Video
With Game Your Video you can you also record HD videos. To do this, go to the record screen, tap and hold your finger on this screen for about a second, and you'll see the video resolution pop-up. Choose the HD option to record videos in higher quality.
Visit Global Delight
Published in TidBITS 931.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS X 10.5.3 Update Resolves Numerous Issues
- Security Update 2008-003 / Mac OS X 10.5.3 Fix Flaws
- Back to My Mac Communicates Faults in 10.5.3
- Tip: See Dictionary Definitions in Real Time
- Take Control News: Maximize Your .Mac Membership
- Updated .Mac Book to Require Major Find-and-Replace?
- Back in the Saddle with the TomTom Go 720 GPS
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/02-Jun-08
TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 02-Jun-08
ensures you never purchase an unsupported Mac game again.
Plus get access to the best prices on the most popular Mac games
from across the Web. Visit <http://www.GameAgent.com/> now.