Too cool. I just saw in the Photojojo newsletter that you can print text and - this part is new - photos on M&M's, the little candy-covered chocolates from Mars. This doesn't mean you can run an M&M through your HP inkjet, amusing as that is to imagine; instead you design your M&M's on the My M&M's Web site. For any order, you can create up to four designs - two photos and two text messages. Photos should look good when printed in black food-grade ink at a size of about 1 centimeter, and if you think Twitter's 140 character limit is tight, try getting your message across in two lines of 8 characters each. Going beyond the obvious may be a bit tricky, since Mars is persnickety about what you're allowed to put on an M&M, so no "inappropriate" images, objectionable words or phrases, business or product names, drug references, or single letters. It's not cheap, needless to say, with a 7 ounce (198 gram) bag costing $11.99, and you have to buy at least three bags at a time.
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- Bonus Stories for 30-Jun-08 (30 Jun 08)
Published in TidBITS 936.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Backdating Investigation on Apple Shares Ends
- First Impressions of the iPhone 3G and iPhone 2.0
- MobileMe Fails to Launch Well, But Finally Launches
- Send SMS for Free via AIM on iPhone
- iPhone 3G: On the Line in Seattle
- Discovering Sparse Bundle Disk Images
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14-Jul-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-Jul-08