Too cool. I just saw in the Photojojo newsletter that you can print text and - this part is new - photos on M&M's, the little candy-covered chocolates from Mars. This doesn't mean you can run an M&M through your HP inkjet, amusing as that is to imagine; instead you design your M&M's on the My M&M's Web site. For any order, you can create up to four designs - two photos and two text messages. Photos should look good when printed in black food-grade ink at a size of about 1 centimeter, and if you think Twitter's 140 character limit is tight, try getting your message across in two lines of 8 characters each. Going beyond the obvious may be a bit tricky, since Mars is persnickety about what you're allowed to put on an M&M, so no "inappropriate" images, objectionable words or phrases, business or product names, drug references, or single letters. It's not cheap, needless to say, with a 7 ounce (198 gram) bag costing $11.99, and you have to buy at least three bags at a time.
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Multi-Monitor iChat in Snow Leopard
In Snow Leopard, on a multiple-monitor system where you're using screen sharing over iChat, dragging the tiny inset preview of your own screen to another monitor shifts the remote screen to that monitor.
- Bonus Stories for 30-Jun-08 (30 Jun 08)
Published in TidBITS 936.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Backdating Investigation on Apple Shares Ends
- First Impressions of the iPhone 3G and iPhone 2.0
- MobileMe Fails to Launch Well, But Finally Launches
- Send SMS for Free via AIM on iPhone
- iPhone 3G: On the Line in Seattle
- Discovering Sparse Bundle Disk Images
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14-Jul-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-Jul-08