- HP Printer Driver 1.1 from Apple "includes the latest drivers for printers you have used on your system." Unfortunately, it's unclear from that description if it merely includes drivers for new HP printers, or if drivers for existing HP printers have been improved. (Free, 405.1 MB)
- iPod touch 1.1.5 from Apple applies unspecified improvements to the iPod touch, most likely security and performance fixes found in the iPod touch 2.0 software released last week. If you've decided not to spend the $9.95 to upgrade to version 2.0 - or more likely you're waiting for Apple to shake out any bugs from this first dot-zero release - the 1.1.5 update sounds like a good bet. As with other iPod touch updates, this one is available only through iTunes: connect your iPod touch, select it in the Devices list, then click the Check for Update button. (Free, 165 MB)
- Airfoil 3.2.1, Nicecast 1.9.3, and Audio Hijack Pro 2.8.2 from Rogue Amoeba now all include the Instant Hijack 2.1 update for grabbing sound from any active application; this update fully supports 64-bit systems, the company says. Airfoil 3.2.1 has other minor bug fixes, while Nicecast 1.9.3 and Audio Hijack Pro 2.8.2 update the LAME encoder for producing MP3 files. Audio Hijack Pro also improves the MegaMix mode that Rogue Amoeba developed to record sound from Skype conversations.
Keep Markup Tools Active in PDFpen
By default, PDFpen switches back to the Edit tool each time you add text, scribbles or other markup. To keep a tool selected (continuous use mode), double-click it. To exit continuous use mode, click the Select tool or press Command-1. You can also make continuous use mode the default by selecting Keep Tools Selected After Use in PDFpen's Editing preferences.
Published in TidBITS 937.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Gains Larger Slice of Computer Sales
- MobileMea Culpa: Apple Apologizes and Explains Tiger Situation
- MSN Music Doesn't Kill Future Playability of Purchased Tracks
- Go, Go, Boingo Gadget Hotspot Application!
- Precipitate Shines Mac Spotlight into Google's Cloud
- Vanity Spreads to Top-Level Domain Names
- Hands-Free iPhone Options for the Car
- Symbian Smartphone Platform Goes Free, Partly Open Source
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Jul-08
TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 21-Jul-08
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>