- HP Printer Driver 1.1 from Apple "includes the latest drivers for printers you have used on your system." Unfortunately, it's unclear from that description if it merely includes drivers for new HP printers, or if drivers for existing HP printers have been improved. (Free, 405.1 MB)
- iPod touch 1.1.5 from Apple applies unspecified improvements to the iPod touch, most likely security and performance fixes found in the iPod touch 2.0 software released last week. If you've decided not to spend the $9.95 to upgrade to version 2.0 - or more likely you're waiting for Apple to shake out any bugs from this first dot-zero release - the 1.1.5 update sounds like a good bet. As with other iPod touch updates, this one is available only through iTunes: connect your iPod touch, select it in the Devices list, then click the Check for Update button. (Free, 165 MB)
- Airfoil 3.2.1, Nicecast 1.9.3, and Audio Hijack Pro 2.8.2 from Rogue Amoeba now all include the Instant Hijack 2.1 update for grabbing sound from any active application; this update fully supports 64-bit systems, the company says. Airfoil 3.2.1 has other minor bug fixes, while Nicecast 1.9.3 and Audio Hijack Pro 2.8.2 update the LAME encoder for producing MP3 files. Audio Hijack Pro also improves the MegaMix mode that Rogue Amoeba developed to record sound from Skype conversations.
Dragging between Spaces
Juggling various applications within multiple Spaces? If you drag an application window to the edge of your screen and pause for a moment, Mac OS X will move the window into the space that lives in that direction.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 937.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Gains Larger Slice of Computer Sales
- MobileMea Culpa: Apple Apologizes and Explains Tiger Situation
- MSN Music Doesn't Kill Future Playability of Purchased Tracks
- Go, Go, Boingo Gadget Hotspot Application!
- Precipitate Shines Mac Spotlight into Google's Cloud
- Vanity Spreads to Top-Level Domain Names
- Hands-Free iPhone Options for the Car
- Symbian Smartphone Platform Goes Free, Partly Open Source
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/21-Jul-08
TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 21-Jul-08
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Edward Ettin, David Blatner, Alfred Hauk, and Conor
Martin for their generous support!