Extensis has set a new standard for pre-release promotion of a software product - the font management tool Suitcase Fusion 2, due out soon - with a hilarious spoof trailer for Bravefont, "a historical, romantic, action-adventure, science fiction drama" featuring Stone Serif (Citizen Kern), Lucida Blackletter, Sean Symbol, and Corvina Skyline (My Big Fat Greeking Wedding) and with a supporting cast including Gill Sans (The Fontographer's Wife) and Dom Casual (It's a Wonderful Ligature). Go watch the video, and pay close attention so you don't miss any of the jokes.
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
Published in TidBITS 948.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Take Control News: 50%-Off Sale to Celebrate 5th Anniversary
- Apple Allows Developers to Talk about iPhone Software
- Older Mac Pros Toxic or Just Smelly?
- The Return of AIM (in Beta)
- Easy Wi-Fi Enters Hotspot Passwords for You
- The iPhone Game Review Conundrum
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 06-Oct-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/06-Oct-08