We often hear from people who have fallen slightly behind on reading TidBITS each week, so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Take Control runs through Tuesday, 14-Oct-08. For more information, see "Take Control News: 50%-Off Sale to Celebrate 5th Anniversary" (2008-10-06).
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 949.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Openly Pre-Announces Laptop Announcement
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of PDFpen 4
- MacBook Pro Repair Program Addresses Nvidia Flaws
- EMC Releases MozyPro Backup for Business
- Netflix Mac Support News and More
- Apple Changes App Store Customer Review Policy
- Tales of Customer Service in the PDF World
- TidBITS Outage Causes Editors Outrage
- Peering Inside a Mobile Phone Network
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 13-Oct-08