We often hear from people who have fallen slightly behind on reading TidBITS each week, so we wanted to remind anyone who missed last week's issue that our 50-percent-off sale to celebrate the 5th anniversary of Take Control runs through Tuesday, 14-Oct-08. For more information, see "Take Control News: 50%-Off Sale to Celebrate 5th Anniversary" (2008-10-06).
Cull Graphics Quickly with Preview
You're faced with a folder full of images, and you need to sort through them, trashing some number and keeping the rest. For a quick way to do that, select them all, and open them in Preview (in Leopard, at least). You'll get a single window with each graphic as an item in the drawer. Use the arrow keys to move from image to image, and when you see one you want to trash, press Command-Delete to move it from its source folder to the Finder's Trash. (Delete by itself just removes the picture from Preview's drawer.)
Published in TidBITS 949.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Openly Pre-Announces Laptop Announcement
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of PDFpen 4
- MacBook Pro Repair Program Addresses Nvidia Flaws
- EMC Releases MozyPro Backup for Business
- Netflix Mac Support News and More
- Apple Changes App Store Customer Review Policy
- Tales of Customer Service in the PDF World
- TidBITS Outage Causes Editors Outrage
- Peering Inside a Mobile Phone Network
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 13-Oct-08