Congratulations to Jim Berry of langolier.net, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $199 MacSpeech Dictate voice dictation software. Thanks to the 1,251 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
Published in TidBITS 956.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Lists Top iTunes Downloads of 2008
- Grey Lines Mar MacBook Air Displays
- Apple Confirms Antivirus Software Is (Usually) Unnecessary
- Easier AT&T Wi-Fi Connections with Free iPhone Software
- Google Calendar Gains Official CalDAV Support
- The Simpsons Takes Aim at Apple
- Fix Your Clicks With Klicko
- Are Safari's New Anti-Phishing Features Useful?
- Print Classy Discs with the Dymo DiscPainter
- TidBITS Gift Guide 2008
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 08-Dec-08
- ExtraBITS for 08-Dec-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-08