Congratulations to Jim Berry of langolier.net, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $199 MacSpeech Dictate voice dictation software. Thanks to the 1,251 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Spin Through Toolbar View Options
Although many people never change their toolbars from the default settings, all standard toolbars on the Mac offer six states: icon only, text only, and icon and text, with all three coming in normal and small size. You can change them by choosing View > Customize Toolbar.
But there's a shortcut that makes it easier to check out each variant. Simply Command-click the toolbar lozenge at the upper right of a window, and the toolbar switches to the next view. Click it enough times, and you cycle back to the start.
Published in TidBITS 956.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Lists Top iTunes Downloads of 2008
- Grey Lines Mar MacBook Air Displays
- Apple Confirms Antivirus Software Is (Usually) Unnecessary
- Easier AT&T Wi-Fi Connections with Free iPhone Software
- Google Calendar Gains Official CalDAV Support
- The Simpsons Takes Aim at Apple
- Fix Your Clicks With Klicko
- Are Safari's New Anti-Phishing Features Useful?
- Print Classy Discs with the Dymo DiscPainter
- TidBITS Gift Guide 2008
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 08-Dec-08
- ExtraBITS for 08-Dec-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-08