Congratulations to Jim Berry of langolier.net, whose entry was chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $199 MacSpeech Dictate voice dictation software. Thanks to the 1,251 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Option-Click in Scroll Bars for Jump Scrolling
In Mac OS X in general, and thus in most native Mac OS X applications, hold down the Option key and click anywhere in a window's scroll bar to jump to that spot (rather than scrolling one screen). If you like this behavior, you can make it the default in the Appearance preference pane. For "Click in the scroll bar to:" select "Jump to here."
Published in TidBITS 956.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Lists Top iTunes Downloads of 2008
- Grey Lines Mar MacBook Air Displays
- Apple Confirms Antivirus Software Is (Usually) Unnecessary
- Easier AT&T Wi-Fi Connections with Free iPhone Software
- Google Calendar Gains Official CalDAV Support
- The Simpsons Takes Aim at Apple
- Fix Your Clicks With Klicko
- Are Safari's New Anti-Phishing Features Useful?
- Print Classy Discs with the Dymo DiscPainter
- TidBITS Gift Guide 2008
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 08-Dec-08
- ExtraBITS for 08-Dec-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/08-Dec-08