Andy Affleck (formerly Williams) has been using Macs since 1984. By day he is a Senior Project Manager for a major pharmaceutical company, and in his spare time he is a graphic design and audio recording hobbyist. He is also the author of Take Control of Podcasting on the Mac. (October 2007)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Articles by Andy Affleck
Displaying results 1 to 11 of 11
Show summaries of articles Hide search parameters