Cary Lu - author, journalist, scientist, filmmaker, and friend - died of cancer September 23rd, 1997. A group of Cary's friends maintain an online memorial. Cary was founding managing editor of High Technology magazine, technology editor for Inc. magazine and a columnist on future technology for Inc. Technology magazine, but he was best known for his writings on computers, including his "The Apple Macintosh Book," first published in 1984, and his columns and articles for Macworld magazine. Cary's final book, "The Race for Bandwidth" was published by Microsoft Press in 1998.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.