Joe Kissell joined the TidBITS staff in 2006 as Senior Editor and now lives in San Diego after more than five years in Paris. He has written more than two dozen Take Control books, including the best-selling Take Control of Mac OS X Backups, and numerous print books about Mac OS X. He is also a Senior Contributor to Macworld and the creator of Interesting Thing of the Day. (December 2012)
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Articles by Joe Kissell
Displaying results 1 to 20 of 163
Show summaries of articles Hide search parameters