Mike Whybark plays a bright-blue electric mandolin in the Seattle-based Bare Knuckle Boxers and has designed user interfaces, logos, and Web sites for the DVD anime classic Bubblegum Crisis and two Better Homes and Gardens CD-ROMs, among others. Most recently he led the initial development of an online sweepstakes and contest management system for iPromotions, now a division of 24/7 Media, Inc. (June 2001)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard