Open Recent Office 2008 Docs by Date
Office 2008 applications like Word and Excel now list recently opened documents on a File > Open Recent submenu. Choose More from that menu, and you'll get a multifunction Project Gallery dialog. Click the Recent button at the top and then select a date range in the Dates list to find files that were last opened today, yesterday, earlier in the week, last week, and so forth. (The Settings pane in the Project Gallery dialog lets you set how many recently opened files show in the File > Open Recent submenu.)
DealBITS Rules of Entry
- No purchase is necessary to enter. By participating, you agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of TidBITS Publishing Inc. (hereafter "TidBITS").
- This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years and older except TidBITS employees and their families. One entry per person. Any use of automated entry methods will void all such entries made by such methods.
- To enter the giveaway, you must correctly complete the online entry form at http://tidbits.com/dealbits/ using the instructions provided.
- The winner(s) will receive the prize specified in the drawing description. No alternative prize or cash substitution will be made in place of the specified items. All prizes will be awarded. All federal, state, and local taxes, fees, and duties are the responsibility of the prize winner(s).
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. The winner(s) will be chosen by random drawing from all eligible entries received at the TidBITS Web site between the publication of the issue of TidBITS announcing the giveaway and midnight (Pacific Time) the following Sunday. All decisions of TidBITS are final and binding.
- The winner(s) will be notified by email within 3 business days of the drawing and will be announced in an issue of TidBITS following the start of the giveaway. The winner(s) has 10 business days to claim the prize by sending email to TidBITS per instructions provided in the notification. TidBITS and is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any late, lost, or misdirected notification, or for unsuccessful efforts to claim the prize. Watch your spam filters! If TidBITS cannot contact a winner or if a winner proves to be ineligible, TidBITS will select an alternate winner by random drawing.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person assigned to the winner’s email address by the organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the winner’s email address’s Internet domain. TidBITS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant in violation of these rules.
- Neither TidBITS nor the drawing sponsor shall be liable for: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of TidBITS that may cause the giveaway to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the giveaway; or (v) any typographical errors in any materials associated with the giveaway. TidBITS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the giveaway at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper operation of the giveaway.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.