Late summer vacations have lured many of the TidBITS staff away this week, and since I’m holding down the fort and doing the single parent thing while Tonya gallivants around Portugal with a friend of ours from college, we’re taking a brief break from our email issue next week. As always, we’ll continue publishing on our Web site in the meantime, of course, which means that if you miss your TidBITS fix via email, you can also follow along via RSS (full text for TidBITS members), Twitter, Facebook, and our iOS app. And if you’d like to take advantage of the time to catch up on some back issues, they’re all available online. The next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 10 September 2012.
Simplify Similar Syncs with ChronoSync Templates
You can create an unlimited number of ChronoSync documents with numerous settings and options that control your synchronizations. If you find yourself needing to create many similar ChronoSync documents, consider using templates.
Just create a ChronoSync document and set all the options the way you want them. Choose File > Save as Template to save the ChronoSync document as a template, and then open it in the future when creating a new ChronoSync document.
Search on "template" in ChronoSync Help for all the details.
Visit Econ Technologies
Published in TidBITS 1140.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Watch TidBITS Presents “Protecting Your Digital Life”
- VidBITS: App.net, Photo Sharing, and Excessive Reminders
- OS X 10.8.1 Targets Bugs, Improved Battery Life
- MacTech Conference 2012 Slated for October 17–19
- Boingo Wi-Finder App for iOS Tracks Wireless Data Usage
- Comparing Music Streaming Services: Pandora, Spotify, and Last.fm
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 27 August 2012
- ExtraBITS for 27 August 2012
No Email Issue on 3 September 2012 for Labor Day
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and