Late summer vacations have lured many of the TidBITS staff away this week, and since I’m holding down the fort and doing the single parent thing while Tonya gallivants around Portugal with a friend of ours from college, we’re taking a brief break from our email issue next week. As always, we’ll continue publishing on our Web site in the meantime, of course, which means that if you miss your TidBITS fix via email, you can also follow along via RSS (full text for TidBITS members), Twitter, Facebook, and our iOS app. And if you’d like to take advantage of the time to catch up on some back issues, they’re all available online. The next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 10 September 2012.
Editing iCal Events in Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard makes looking at event details in iCal easier. In the Leopard version of iCal, you had to double-click an event to reveal only some information in a pop-up box; you then needed to click the Edit button (or press Command-E) to edit an item's information. In Snow Leopard, choose Edit > Show Inspector (or press Command-Option-I) to bring up a floating inspector that provides an editable view of any items selected in your calendar.
Published in TidBITS 1140.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Watch TidBITS Presents “Protecting Your Digital Life”
- VidBITS: App.net, Photo Sharing, and Excessive Reminders
- OS X 10.8.1 Targets Bugs, Improved Battery Life
- MacTech Conference 2012 Slated for October 17–19
- Boingo Wi-Finder App for iOS Tracks Wireless Data Usage
- Comparing Music Streaming Services: Pandora, Spotify, and Last.fm
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 27 August 2012
- ExtraBITS for 27 August 2012