Late summer vacations have lured many of the TidBITS staff away this week, and since I’m holding down the fort and doing the single parent thing while Tonya gallivants around Portugal with a friend of ours from college, we’re taking a brief break from our email issue next week. As always, we’ll continue publishing on our Web site in the meantime, of course, which means that if you miss your TidBITS fix via email, you can also follow along via RSS (full text for TidBITS members), Twitter, Facebook, and our iOS app. And if you’d like to take advantage of the time to catch up on some back issues, they’re all available online. The next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 10 September 2012.
Open Files with App Switcher
Using the Application Switcher to open files can sometimes be faster than hunting for an Application's window or searching through a jam packed Dock for an Application's icon. First grab your file, press Command-Tab, and then drop the file onto the desired application's icon to open it within that program.
Visit plucky tree
Published in TidBITS 1140.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Watch TidBITS Presents “Protecting Your Digital Life”
- VidBITS: App.net, Photo Sharing, and Excessive Reminders
- OS X 10.8.1 Targets Bugs, Improved Battery Life
- MacTech Conference 2012 Slated for October 17–19
- Boingo Wi-Finder App for iOS Tracks Wireless Data Usage
- Comparing Music Streaming Services: Pandora, Spotify, and Last.fm
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 27 August 2012
- ExtraBITS for 27 August 2012