Late summer vacations have lured many of the TidBITS staff away this week, and since I’m holding down the fort and doing the single parent thing while Tonya gallivants around Portugal with a friend of ours from college, we’re taking a brief break from our email issue next week. As always, we’ll continue publishing on our Web site in the meantime, of course, which means that if you miss your TidBITS fix via email, you can also follow along via RSS (full text for TidBITS members), Twitter, Facebook, and our iOS app. And if you’d like to take advantage of the time to catch up on some back issues, they’re all available online. The next email issue of TidBITS will appear on 10 September 2012.
Cull Graphics Quickly with Preview
You're faced with a folder full of images, and you need to sort through them, trashing some number and keeping the rest. For a quick way to do that, select them all, and open them in Preview (in Leopard, at least). You'll get a single window with each graphic as an item in the drawer. Use the arrow keys to move from image to image, and when you see one you want to trash, press Command-Delete to move it from its source folder to the Finder's Trash. (Delete by itself just removes the picture from Preview's drawer.)
Published in TidBITS 1140.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Watch TidBITS Presents “Protecting Your Digital Life”
- VidBITS: App.net, Photo Sharing, and Excessive Reminders
- OS X 10.8.1 Targets Bugs, Improved Battery Life
- MacTech Conference 2012 Slated for October 17–19
- Boingo Wi-Finder App for iOS Tracks Wireless Data Usage
- Comparing Music Streaming Services: Pandora, Spotify, and Last.fm
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 27 August 2012
- ExtraBITS for 27 August 2012