Congratulations to Dirk Paul Flach at gmail.com, David Miller at mac.com, J. Sulcer at mac.com, Brent Wiese at sungecko.com, and Jane Stein at gmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Art Text 2.4.2, worth $39.95. But don’t fret if you didn’t win, since BeLight Software is offering a 50-percent-off discount to all TidBITS readers through 4 December 2012. To take advantage of this offer, which drops the $39.95 list price to $19.99, use this special link to purchase from the Mac App Store. Thanks to the 408 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
iMovie '09: Speed Clips up to 2,000%
iMovie '09 brings back the capability to speed up or slow down clips, which went missing in iMovie '08. Select a clip and bring up the Clip Inspector by double-clicking the clip, clicking the Inspector button on the toolbar, or pressing the I key. Just as with its last appearance in iMovie HD 6, you can move a slider to make the video play back slower or faster (indicated by a turtle or hare icon).
You can also enter a value into the text field to the right of the slider, and this is where things get interesting. You're not limited to the tick mark values on the slider, so you can set the speed to be 118% of normal if you want. The field below that tells you the clip's changed duration.
But you can also exceed the boundaries of the speed slider. Enter any number between 5% and 2000%, then click Done.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Art Text 2.4.2 (29 Oct 12)
Published in TidBITS 1149.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iOS 6.0.1 Fixes Bugs, but Does It Prevent Excessive Data Usage?
- Communicate Better with “Take Control of Messages in Mountain Lion”
- TidBITS Presents “Explaining the Big 3 Confusions with Messages”
- Apple Management Shakeup Aimed at Improving Collaboration
- Winning and Losing on Jeopardy
- How Apple “Doubled” iPad Wi-Fi Throughput
- iPhone 5: The Best Yet, But Still an iPhone
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 November 2012
DealBITS Discount: Save 50% on Art Text 2.4.2
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and