Congratulations to Dirk Paul Flach at gmail.com, David Miller at mac.com, J. Sulcer at mac.com, Brent Wiese at sungecko.com, and Jane Stein at gmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Art Text 2.4.2, worth $39.95. But don’t fret if you didn’t win, since BeLight Software is offering a 50-percent-off discount to all TidBITS readers through 4 December 2012. To take advantage of this offer, which drops the $39.95 list price to $19.99, use this special link to purchase from the Mac App Store. Thanks to the 408 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Open Links from Apple Mail in the Background
If an email message in Mail includes a Web link which you'd prefer to check out after you've read all your mail, and you don't want to hunt for the link later, Command-click the link in the message to open a browser window in the background. Mail remains the foreground application, and the browser window can wait till you're ready.
Visit MacTipster blog
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Art Text 2.4.2 (29 Oct 12)
Published in TidBITS 1149.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iOS 6.0.1 Fixes Bugs, but Does It Prevent Excessive Data Usage?
- Communicate Better with “Take Control of Messages in Mountain Lion”
- TidBITS Presents “Explaining the Big 3 Confusions with Messages”
- Apple Management Shakeup Aimed at Improving Collaboration
- Winning and Losing on Jeopardy
- How Apple “Doubled” iPad Wi-Fi Throughput
- iPhone 5: The Best Yet, But Still an iPhone
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 November 2012
DealBITS Discount: Save 50% on Art Text 2.4.2
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and