Congratulations to Dirk Paul Flach at gmail.com, David Miller at mac.com, J. Sulcer at mac.com, Brent Wiese at sungecko.com, and Jane Stein at gmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in the last DealBITS drawing and who each received a copy of Art Text 2.4.2, worth $39.95. But don’t fret if you didn’t win, since BeLight Software is offering a 50-percent-off discount to all TidBITS readers through 4 December 2012. To take advantage of this offer, which drops the $39.95 list price to $19.99, use this special link to purchase from the Mac App Store. Thanks to the 408 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you’ll continue to participate in the future!
Trust Local Addresses in VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal
VirusBarrier X6's Antivandal feature stops all kinds of network attacks, including port scans, ping floods and more. However, you may have some devices on your network that send out pings or other requests that may be interpreted as attacks. To prevent this, add them to the Trusted Addresses list so they won't be blocked. You can even add a range of addresses with wildcards, such as 192.168.1.*.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Art Text 2.4.2 (29 Oct 12)
Published in TidBITS 1149.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iOS 6.0.1 Fixes Bugs, but Does It Prevent Excessive Data Usage?
- Communicate Better with “Take Control of Messages in Mountain Lion”
- TidBITS Presents “Explaining the Big 3 Confusions with Messages”
- Apple Management Shakeup Aimed at Improving Collaboration
- Winning and Losing on Jeopardy
- How Apple “Doubled” iPad Wi-Fi Throughput
- iPhone 5: The Best Yet, But Still an iPhone
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 5 November 2012