Apple sent email to developers announcing that its developer services are now fully restored after a nearly month-long outage. To help make up for the inconvenience, Apple is extending all developer subscriptions by one month. Apple took the Developer Center offline shortly after security researcher Ibrahim Balic publicly revealed a method of obtaining personal information about subscribers (see “Researcher May Have Caused Apple Developer Center Shutdown,” 22 July 2013), although the company has not publicly confirmed that the two events were related. In the interim, Apple released a status page so that developers can check which systems are online (see “Apple Deploys Developer Center System Status Page,” 25 July 2013).
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Find Text Leading from Acrobat PDF
Ever have to recreate a document from an Acrobat PDF? You can find out most everything about the text by using the Object Inspector, except the leading. Well, here's a cheesy way to figure it out. Open the PDF in Illustrator (you just need one page). Release any and all clipping masks. Draw a guide at the baseline of the first line of text, and one on the line below. Now, Option-drag the first line to make a copy, and position it exactly next to the original first line at baseline. Then put a return anywhere in the copied line. Now adjust leading of the copied lines, so that the second line of copy rests on the baseline of the second line of the original. Now you know your leading.
Or you could buy expensive software to find the leading. Your choice.
Published in TidBITS 1186.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Save 50% in Take Control’s Back to School Sale
- Apple Taking Back Third-Party USB Power Adapters
- Chapter 8 of “Take Control of Your Digital Photos” Available
- DoJ Proposed Remedies in Ebook Price-Fixing Suit Miss the Point
- Newton: The Greatest Flop of All Time
- FunBITS: The World of Audiobus and iPad Music Apps
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 August 2013
- ExtraBITS for 12 August 2013
Apple Developer Services Now Back Online
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>
They took my money on Saturday and I still can't download Mavericks!
An avalanche of NO HELP over the weekend just a series of emails telling me to wait 24hrs for ANOTHER b***** email.
I've now had the "activation" email and it doesn't work!!!!
This pantomime makes the legendary Microsoft Help Desk look efficient:((((