Apple sent email to developers announcing that its developer services are now fully restored after a nearly month-long outage. To help make up for the inconvenience, Apple is extending all developer subscriptions by one month. Apple took the Developer Center offline shortly after security researcher Ibrahim Balic publicly revealed a method of obtaining personal information about subscribers (see “Researcher May Have Caused Apple Developer Center Shutdown,” 22 July 2013), although the company has not publicly confirmed that the two events were related. In the interim, Apple released a status page so that developers can check which systems are online (see “Apple Deploys Developer Center System Status Page,” 25 July 2013).
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 1186.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Save 50% in Take Control’s Back to School Sale
- Apple Taking Back Third-Party USB Power Adapters
- Chapter 8 of “Take Control of Your Digital Photos” Available
- DoJ Proposed Remedies in Ebook Price-Fixing Suit Miss the Point
- Newton: The Greatest Flop of All Time
- FunBITS: The World of Audiobus and iPad Music Apps
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 August 2013
- ExtraBITS for 12 August 2013
Apple Developer Services Now Back Online
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>
They took my money on Saturday and I still can't download Mavericks!
An avalanche of NO HELP over the weekend just a series of emails telling me to wait 24hrs for ANOTHER b***** email.
I've now had the "activation" email and it doesn't work!!!!
This pantomime makes the legendary Microsoft Help Desk look efficient:((((