Apple sent email to developers announcing that its developer services are now fully restored after a nearly month-long outage. To help make up for the inconvenience, Apple is extending all developer subscriptions by one month. Apple took the Developer Center offline shortly after security researcher Ibrahim Balic publicly revealed a method of obtaining personal information about subscribers (see “Researcher May Have Caused Apple Developer Center Shutdown,” 22 July 2013), although the company has not publicly confirmed that the two events were related. In the interim, Apple released a status page so that developers can check which systems are online (see “Apple Deploys Developer Center System Status Page,” 25 July 2013).
Add Slides to Pear Note from Other Applications
If you have some slides in any application, and you'd like to add them to a Pear Note document, there's no need to save them out and then import them into Pear Note. Instead, you can send them directly to Pear Note through a PDF service. For instance, if you had slides in Keynote, just:
- Select Print within Keynote.
- Click the PDF button.
- Select Send PDF to Pear Note.
This can also be used to import other document types into Pear Note to take notes on them as well.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 1186.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Save 50% in Take Control’s Back to School Sale
- Apple Taking Back Third-Party USB Power Adapters
- Chapter 8 of “Take Control of Your Digital Photos” Available
- DoJ Proposed Remedies in Ebook Price-Fixing Suit Miss the Point
- Newton: The Greatest Flop of All Time
- FunBITS: The World of Audiobus and iPad Music Apps
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 August 2013
- ExtraBITS for 12 August 2013
Apple Developer Services Now Back Online
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Richard Day, Mike Chace-Ortiz, Henry Harrison, and L
Carl Pedersen for their generous support!
They took my money on Saturday and I still can't download Mavericks!
An avalanche of NO HELP over the weekend just a series of emails telling me to wait 24hrs for ANOTHER b***** email.
I've now had the "activation" email and it doesn't work!!!!
This pantomime makes the legendary Microsoft Help Desk look efficient:((((