Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Whether you're talking about the Internet or wireless networking, we wrote the book. Now you can stay up to date on networking here.
To answer all your Apple Wi-Fi networking questions, we’ve just published Glenn Fleishman’s “Take Control of Your Apple Wi-Fi Network,” the latest in Glenn’s series of best-selling books spanning the past decade.
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Tim Hannon, Andrew MacNamara, Samson Tu, and Tom
Robinson for their generous support!