Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Increase your Macintosh productivity by keeping up with our business news and product coverage.
Much has been made of the announcement that Apple and IBM will work together to bring iOS devices and applications into the enterprise via IBM’s MobileFirst program. Systems administrator Andrew Laurence examines Apple’s enterprise history and strategy, and explains how the deal with IBM fits in.
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Alan Forkosh, Lisa Mathiesen, Wim, and Lou Krieg for
their generous support!
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>