Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Apple co-founder, former CEO, and chairman Steve Jobs has passed away at age 56, and although the event was not entirely unexpected, it hit the technology community and the outside world hard. We’re devoting this special issue of TidBITS entirely to Steve Jobs, starting with Jeff Carlson’s news coverage and a large collection of links to other Jobs-related content from around the Internet. We also have thoughts on Jobs’s legacy from TidBITS staffers Mark H. Anbinder and Rich Mogull, and from guest contributor Angus Wong. Finally, TidBITS publisher Adam Engst explores the question of why Steve Jobs’s death has been so unsettling for so many people. Look for your regular issue of TidBITS shortly.
Apple co-founder, former CEO, and chairman Steve Jobs passed away Wednesday, 5 October 2011.Show full article
TidBITS security editor Rich Mogull finds that, for him, Steve Jobs’s joy of creation mattered more than the objects themselves.Show full article
TidBITS contributing editor Mark H. Anbinder reflects on how Steve Jobs’s career trajectory influenced his own, and how Apple under Steve Jobs has focused on making technology accessible to the masses.Show full article
TidBITS contributor Angus Wong looks at what Steve Jobs gave to the world.Show full article
In which Adam attempts to figure out why the loss of Steve Jobs is so unsettling to so many people.Show full article