Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
Other articles in the series Conquer Your Text
- EagleFiler Turns a Finder Folder Into a Snippet Keeper (24 Feb 10)
- MindManager Comes to the Mac (20 Nov 06)
- SlipBox: Scents and Sensibility (23 Oct 06)
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
- DEVONthink Goes Pro (22 Aug 05)
- A Shiny New NoteBook (25 Apr 05)
- Curing Clutter with Curio (21 Feb 05)
- Bull Market for the TAO (11 Oct 04)
- The Well-Worn NoteBook (06 Sep 04)
- DEVONthink Thinks, So You Don't Have To (08 Mar 04)
- Go Hog Wild with Hog Bay Notebook (25 Aug 03)
- Take Note of NoteTaker (21 Apr 03)
- The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5 (07 Apr 03)
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
- Three Simple Snippet Keepers (20 Aug 01)
- Boswell: A Text Motel (21 May 01)
- It's a Keeper (Idea Keeper, That Is) (08 May 00)
- Life Spiral: Helix Returns (21 Feb 00)
- WebArranger Handles More than the Web (05 Feb 96)
- MORE, MORE, Dinosaur (18 Oct 93)
This issue offers news about DarkStar, an energy saving utility, an update to Gatekeeper (but no new virus, thankfully), a new QuickMail gateway, Newton MessagePad sales, a few AV Mac corrections, and, finally, an in-depth review of IN CONTROL, a powerful and flexible outliner mismarketed as a To Do List manager.
Tonya was one for two last week. Her expose of space aliens calling technical support brought in reprint requests from three continents (and yes, please feel free to reprint that article as long as you credit Tonya and TidBITS fully, and please send us a copy of the publication - use the address at the end of the issue)Show full article
AV Corrections -- First, we accidently flipped the code names. The Centris 660AV was originally known as the Tempest, and the Quadra 840AV was known as the CycloneShow full article
Book News -- I haven't completed my book about connecting to the Internet from a Mac, but the major creative work is done, and I'm finishing the back matter nowShow full article
Where's my Newton? -- If your daily newspaper offers a comics page, you may have guessed that Doonesbury author Garry Trudeau already has his Newton MessagePad, and you may be jealous! Not to worry; even though virtually all dealers in the "regional roll-out areas" such as Boston, New York, and San Francisco have run out of MessagePads, and some early purchasers have managed to resell their units for huge profits, the nationwide roll-out appears to be on schedule for Labor DayShow full article
Technical Support Coordinator, BAKA Computers No, this doesn't mean Darth Vader has been paroled. DarkStar, released last month by Apple, and officially known as the "Monitor Energy Saver Control Panel," allows Macintosh users to conserve power using "Energy Star compliant" computers and monitorsShow full article
Chris W. Johnson at the University of Texas recently released an update to his free Gatekeeper antiviral utility, version 1.2.8. The new version is a maintenance release, and doesn't address new viruses, but all Gatekeeper users should obtain this update. Some earlier versions of Gatekeeper may comment that they are out of date, and suggest that the user find an updateShow full article
Continuing their quest to sweep away the barriers between the world's electronic mail systems, Information Electronics recently announced the approaching 01-Sep-93 release of PostalUnion/SMTP for QuickMail, a new PostalUnion/SMTP gateway for CE Software's QuickMail. PostalUnion is IE's modular gateway technology, allowing them to develop new gateway products efficiently by using common modules in similar gatewaysShow full article
Veteran readers of my contributions to TidBITS know that I am unabashedly obsessed with computer tools for the storage and retrieval of information. They also know that an almost unqualified rave review from me is a rare thingShow full article