Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Other articles in the series Conquer Your Text
- EagleFiler Turns a Finder Folder Into a Snippet Keeper (24 Feb 10)
- MindManager Comes to the Mac (20 Nov 06)
- SlipBox: Scents and Sensibility (23 Oct 06)
- Let Yojimbo Guard Your Information Castle (30 Jan 06)
- DEVONthink Goes Pro (22 Aug 05)
- A Shiny New NoteBook (25 Apr 05)
- Curing Clutter with Curio (21 Feb 05)
- Bull Market for the TAO (11 Oct 04)
- The Well-Worn NoteBook (06 Sep 04)
- DEVONthink Thinks, So You Don't Have To (08 Mar 04)
- Go Hog Wild with Hog Bay Notebook (25 Aug 03)
- Take Note of NoteTaker (21 Apr 03)
- The Digital Shoebox: iData Pro X 1.0.5 (07 Apr 03)
- Light Your Fire with Tinderbox (14 Oct 02)
- Three Simple Snippet Keepers (20 Aug 01)
- Boswell: A Text Motel (21 May 01)
- It's a Keeper (Idea Keeper, That Is) (08 May 00)
- Life Spiral: Helix Returns (21 Feb 00)
- WebArranger Handles More than the Web (05 Feb 96)
- Get IN CONTROL (30 Aug 93)
Apple promises future PowerPC upgrades for specific Macintoshes, announces that they turned a small profit last quarter, and officially terminates its relationship with John Sculley. Filling out the issue, we have the latest on Adam's Internet book including a letter from the publisher, and a call for sumex mirror sites to form a central registry. Finally, Matt Neuburg continues his detailed look at outliners, this time exploring Symantec's saurian MORE.
The good news continues, with Apple reporting late last week that they posted record revenues and unit shipments for the fourth fiscal quarter. Apple's revenue for the quarter was $2.14 billion, a 21 percent increase from the same quarter last yearShow full article
John Sculley's salary won't cut into that net income any more, as he was officially replaced as chairman of the board last week by A.C. (Mike) Markkula, Apple co-founder and chairman of the board from 1977 through 1981Show full article
Ric Ford noted that the System Update 2.0.1 does not replace the Software Update previously released since System Update 2.0.1 does not include MacCheck, a useful diagnostic utility. Show full article
v.what? -- A typo bit us in last week's issue. The article on the PSI PowerModem incorrectly said that the modem uses v.32 error correction and v.32bis compression - those numbers should be v.42 error correction and v.42bis compressionShow full article
Liam Breck , the Info-Mac moderator in charge the sumex reorganization, writes: Attention administrators of Info-Mac mirror sites: We are compiling a list of Info-Mac mirror sites around the world so we can inform users where else our archive can be reached and so we can stay in touch with our mirrors about important changes, such as the recent file list format change. If you are in charge of, or closely associated with, an Info-Mac mirror site, please email me the following information: site Internet address site location (include organization, city, state, country) email address(es) of site administrator(s) name(s) of site administrator(s) site disk capacity site operating system how much of the Info-Mac archive is available at site how often site connects to Info-Mac for updates method used to update site Show full article
Dear TidBITS Subscribers: Thank you for your enthusiastic participation in the special offer on our book by Adam C. Engst, The Internet Starter Kit for MacintoshShow full article
As Apple releases several new computers this week (see TidBITS #195 for more details on those machines), Pythaeus tells us that they'll be making a strong commitment to upgradeability with a "Ready for PowerPC upgrade" promotionShow full article
While reviewing Inspiration 4.0 for TidBITS #180, I meant to compare it as an outliner with Acta, but the winner kept turning out to be MORE, which I had never meant to consider seriously, and of which I had only an outmoded version (2.0) to examineShow full article