Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Our 300th issue begins with news of Performa price drops, changes in how to contact Intuit, and where to find out more about the Gartner survey detailing how Macs are cheaper to support than Windows machines. The bulk of the issue, though, is a celebration of our 300th issue - 300 reasons about why the Mac is a great machine to use and to write about.
A New Performa & New Performa Pricing -- In anticipation of the holiday buying season, Apple last week announced Performa price reductions of up to $500Show full article
Intuit Phone and Email Correction -- While Steven Becker wrote the article on Quicken 6.0 in TidBITS-299, I called Intuit to ask what phone numbers and email address they'd prefer to have includedShow full article
Gartner Report Followup -- Many TidBITS readers wrote to ask where they can get their hands on the report from Gartner Group Consulting Services that found Macs cheaper to support than Windows machines (see TidBITS-299)Show full article
A Cure For Netscape Freezes? Frustrated that Netscape Navigator kept freezing on his Quadra 605, Scott Sykes rolled up his sleeves and tried to figure out what the problem might beShow full article
We wanted to do something a bit out of the ordinary as a celebration for our 300th issue. Eventually, we decided the best way to celebrate TidBITS would be to celebrate the machine that has given us our inspiration for the last five and a half years - the Macintosh. With the help of some friends, we came up with 300 reasons why the Mac has made it to where it is todayShow full article