Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Other articles in the series MessagePad 2000
Considering the purchase of a Newton? Don't miss this week's detailed review of the Newton MessagePad 2000, written by a long-time Newton owner who recently bought the latest model. This week, we also examine each of the entries in our TidBITS Search Engine Shootout, and bring you news about the upcoming PowerBook 2400c, and Aladdin Systems purchasing Rev.
A PowerBook for Tiny Fingers -- Apple and IBM officially introduced the PowerBook 2400c last week, filling the sub-notebook category left vacant by the discontinued Duo lineShow full article
Aladdin Revs Up -- Aladdin Systems has acquired publishing rights to 6prime's Rev, the $99.95 easy-to-use revision control software I reviewed back in TidBITS-362Show full article
The deadlines for our TidBITS Search Engine Shootout contest announced in TidBITS-368 have come and gone, and it's time to share the results. To begin, we want to thank each and every entrant personallyShow full article
It took a long time, but I'm finally the proud owner of a slick MessagePad 2000 (MP2K). Getting it was a challenge. The original unit I purchased was stolen en route from NewtonSource to my office, but after a week or so (and thanks to a harried NewtonSource employee), a unit is in my handsShow full article