Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
FlexiTrace v1.01 Tree Star, Inc. 116 Memory Lane Campbell, CA 95008 408/371-8343 Rating: 8 Penguins out of a possible 10 Summary: -- FlexiTrace does one thing quite well, it converts existing graphs and plots into digital data, i.eShow full article
I started by purchasing FlexiGraphs, TreeStar's business graphics application, not for generating graphs, but for a crude, yet effective, data digitizing featureShow full article
FlexiTrace is an application for digitizing data. In scientific/engineering work one often needs to digitize line plots, something versus time is typical, that were generated by others, or the original x-y data points are otherwise not available, e.gShow full article
After launching FlexiTrace use the OPEN... option under the FILE menu to open your scanned image or one of the sample images that accompany FlexiTraceShow full article
Easy to use! Does the job at hand with a few features that make the result impressive, rather than acceptable. Show full article
The $249 list price is a bit high. I paid (me, not my company) $149 for FlexiGraphs and did not blink an eye because FlexiGraphs did what I needed to have done, and there was no more cost-effective solutionShow full article
I would like to be able to edit the digitized data, i.e. delete, add, or modify points and see where the modified data appears relative to the scanned imageShow full article
Overall, what I like best about FlexiTrace is that it does the job just the way I want to have it done, simple yet effective. As a user I have the impression that the developers actually USED this softwareShow full article