Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
Other articles in the series Digital Cameras
- Digital Camera Goodies 2002 (16 Dec 02)
- Digital Photo Goodies (10 Dec 01)
- More Digital Cameras 2000 (13 Dec 00)
- Digital Cameras 2000 (11 Dec 00)
- Digital Camera Accouterments (04 Dec 00)
- The Second Generation of Digital Cameras, Part 2 (25 Jan 99)
- The Second Generation of Digital Cameras, Part 1 (04 Jan 99)
- Pixel Perfect (15 Dec 97)
- Choosing a Digital Camera, Part 2: Which One to Buy? (08 Dec 97)
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 1 (06 Dec 99)
- Digital Camera Buying Guidelines, Part 2 (13 Dec 99)
Considering a digital camera, but not sure what you're getting into? This issue, guest writer Arthur Bleich introduces us to the facts and facets of digital photography. Also, Tom Geweke looks at MkLinux, the Apple-sponsored version of Unix for PowerPC machines, and we note new releases of SiteCam and CopyPaste, plus a preview of Apple's flagship media technology: QuickTime 3.0.
QuickTime 3.0 Preview -- Today, Apple released a much-awaited developer preview of QuickTime 3.0, also known as the QuickTime Media Layer. QuickTime is one of Apple's most successful technologies, and Apple hopes to extend its reach by making QuickTime 3.0 fully cross-platformShow full article
French Translators Needed! If you're fluent in French and want to help spread Macintosh news to other French speakers around the world, the award-winning French translation of TidBITS needs more volunteer translators to share the task of translating TidBITS each weekShow full article
CopyPaste 4.0.2 Released -- Script Software International last week announced the release of the multiple clipboard utility CopyPaste 4.0.2, a major upgrade from version 3.2.2, reviewed in (TidBITS-364)Show full article
Holiday Home Page Contest -- If you have a home page and plan to decorate it for the upcoming holiday season (no matter what your religious or philosophical angle), consider entering the "Homepage for the Holidays 1997 WebAwards" contest, hosted by the Silicon Valley chapters of the Association of Internet Professionals (AIP) and WebGrrls InternationalShow full article
SiteCam Turns 1.1 -- Last week, Rearden Technology released SiteCam 1.1, a free upgrade to owners of the $129 SiteCam 1.0. SiteCam, software that controls and automates setting up a Web camera (one that places images or video on a Web site), now has anti-hijacking features that prevent other sites from grabbing a SiteCam video stream and displaying it elsewhere (this problem is generic to Web camera software)Show full article
Most computer users have had some contact (or a run in) with Unix, long the dominant operating system for universities, research labs, and the InternetShow full article
There's nothing more thrilling than shooting pictures with a digital camera and then - with hardly any steps in between - seeing them splash onto your computer screen and flow smoothly into your image editing programShow full article