Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Other articles in the series Reading the Palm
- Palm m505: A Slightly Dim Bulb (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Releases Palm m125 Organizer (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Desktop Marks Return of a Familiar Organizer (01 Mar 99)
- New Palm Handhelds Released (22 Feb 99)
- Palm Shows More in Hand at Expo (18 Jan 99)
- Mac Palm Desktop Beta Arrives with Palm VII News (07 Dec 98)
- PalmPilot Upgrade Card Problematic for Mac Users (22 Jun 98)
- Palm Organizer for Macintosh: Details Emerge (01 Jun 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 2: Power in Your Pocket (19 Jan 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 1: Hopelessly Devoted (05 Jan 98)
Apple has made big moves recently, restructuring Claris into FileMaker, Inc. and pulling out of major retail outlets to concentrate on CompUSA. Are these moves an indication that Apple is continuing to retreat from 1997's losses or that the company has finally learned to focus on a few things and do them well? Check out Adam's analysis this week, plus the final part of Jeff Carlson's PalmPilot series and news of Speed Doubler 8.1.
For a variety of reasons, I'll be more or less away from email for the next five weeks. I'll be using Mikael Hansen's free AutoShare to provide automated vacation mail replies, and although I will read everything I receive during this time, I may not be able to replyShow full article
Speed Doubler 8.1 Coming in March -- Connectix has posted a Speed Doubler 8.1 FAQ that explains why Speed Doubler 8.0 and 8.0.1 don't work with Mac OS 8.1 and claims that a free update will be available in MarchShow full article
When I bought my PalmPilot, members of my family rolled their eyes and reminded me of my propensity for buying electronic "toys." Since then, I've come to rely on the Pilot's organizational features and the wide variety of software written for itShow full article
Is Apple continuing to retreat after 1997's losses or starting to recover from those dark days? Apple has made a number of moves in the last few weeks which raise that question, and as with everything that happens at Apple, the answers aren't clearShow full article