Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
Other articles in the series Backed Up Today?
- Backing up with the FireVue (04 Aug 03)
- Retrospect 5.1 Improves Disaster Recovery (14 Jul 03)
- Configuring a Utility Hard Disk (24 Mar 03)
- Retrospect 5.0 Enables Mac OS X Backups (01 Apr 02)
- What About Backing Up to FireWire Hard Disks? (02 Apr 01)
- Ecrix's VXA-1 Tape Drive: Big Fast Backups (26 Feb 01)
- Internet Backup Strategies (14 Dec 98)
- Have You Backed Up Today? Part 4 (22 Jun 98)
- Internet Backup via BackJack (15 Jun 98)
- Have You Backed Up Today? Part 3 (15 Jun 98)
- Have You Backed Up Today? Part 2 (08 Jun 98)
Wondering about the best way to back up your data? Don't miss the start of Adam's multi-part examination of the where, when, what, why, and how of backups. This week's issue also has the scoop on 3Com's upcoming Palm Organizer (based on Claris Organizer), plus more details on searching the Web for images and news of a significant reorganization at BYTE, Nitro PowerPlug 1.0, free copies of SurfDoubler for Ricochet owners, and Mailsmith 1.0.1.
BYTE Bitten -- The pages of history will close temporarily on the venerable technology magazine BYTE. The 23-year-old magazine, which was recently sold by owner McGraw-Hill to CMP Media, will suspend publication for "several months" and undergo "refinement," according to a press releaseShow full article
Nitro PowerPlug Speeds WebSTAR -- ClearWay Technologies is shipping the $99 Nitro PowerPlug 1.0, a WebSTAR plug-in that accelerates the execution speed of all other WebSTAR plug-ins up to 200 percent or more in ClearWay's testingShow full article
Free Surfing for Ricochet Subscribers -- Owners of Metricom's Ricochet wireless modems can take advantage of a free Web browsing boost thanks to a recent deal with ConnectixShow full article
Mailsmith 1.0.1 More Polished -- With the release of version 1.0.1, Bare Bones Software has applied a bit of polish to Mailsmith, the company's new email client program (see "Mailsmith Emerges from the Forge" in TidBITS-428)Show full article
After 3Com announced last month that it had purchased Claris Organizer from Apple to use as the basis of its upcoming Macintosh PalmPilot desktop software (see "Claris Organizer Reincarnated as Palm MacPac" in TidBITS-429), Mac users of Organizer and Palm devices have been wondering what the deal means for the futureShow full article
Although the Web is rife with images, most act as decoration: buttons, logos, fancy backgrounds, and pet pictures quickly come to mind. However, the Web can also be a rich resource of imagery relating to specific subjects, such as maps and animal photographs for kids' school reportsShow full article
Recent popular discussions on the TidBITS Talk list have orbited around the issue of backing up data - what's the best media to use, how often should one back up, what software works well, if backup devices should be built into computers, and how iMac users will back up their dataShow full article