Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Other articles in the series Reading the Palm
- Palm m505: A Slightly Dim Bulb (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Releases Palm m125 Organizer (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Desktop Marks Return of a Familiar Organizer (01 Mar 99)
- New Palm Handhelds Released (22 Feb 99)
- Palm Shows More in Hand at Expo (18 Jan 99)
- PalmPilot Upgrade Card Problematic for Mac Users (22 Jun 98)
- Palm Organizer for Macintosh: Details Emerge (01 Jun 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 3: The Best Gadgets Are... Toys? (09 Feb 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 2: Power in Your Pocket (19 Jan 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 1: Hopelessly Devoted (05 Jan 98)
Did you just get around to installing Mac OS 8.5? Don't rest on your laurels: Apple has released the Mac OS 8.5.1 Update, and you'll likely want to install it in order to squash a handful of potential problems. Also, read about a beta release of the new Mac Palm Desktop software based on Claris Organizer, and about Anarchie Pro 3.5 and Retrospect Express 4.1. The issue finishes with a look at collaborative technologies shown at a recent ACM conference.
Anarchie Pro 3.5 Adds Mac OS 8.5 Features -- Stairways Software has released Anarchie Pro 3.5, an update to the widely used $35 shareware file transfer toolShow full article
Dantz Releases Free Retrospect Express 4.1 Upgrade -- Dantz Development last week released a free upgrade to the individual backup program Retrospect ExpressShow full article
Macworld Expo SF '99 Events List Online -- The indefatigable Ilene Hoffman has posted the Robert Hess Memorial Macworld Expo Events List. If you plan to attend Macworld Expo in San Francisco from 05-Jan-99 through 08-Jan-99, check the list for public eventsShow full article
Following a few weeks of rumor and speculation, Apple today released the Mac OS 8.5.1 Update. The update doesn't offer any new features (although it does include a few new Sherlock plug-ins), but instead addresses a selection of under-the-hood problems in Mac OS 8.5Show full article
After repeated delays, 3Com/Palm Computing has posted a public beta of the Macintosh Palm Desktop 2.1 on its Web site. We typically don't report on beta releases, but in this case Mac-based PalmPilot and Palm III users have waited for months for the new software, even beta software, which replaces the awkward Pilot Desktop 1.0 (see "Palm Organizer for Macintosh: Details Emerge" in TidBITS-432)Show full article
A few weeks ago, I attended portions of the ACM's (Association for Computing Machinery) 1998 Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work. The conference centered on using computers to make it easier for people to work together, an extremely worthy goalShow full article