- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Adding Links in Snow Leopard's Mail
Apple Mail in Snow Leopard now has a Command-key shortcut for adding a link to an email.
If you use plain-text email, this will not be helpful at all, but if you send styled email, it's a nice shortcut for adding URLs to your email messages. Simply select the word(s) you want to make into a link, press Command-K, and enter the URL to build into the link.
Other articles in the series Backed Up Today?
- Backing up with the FireVue (04 Aug 03)
- Retrospect 5.1 Improves Disaster Recovery (14 Jul 03)
- Configuring a Utility Hard Disk (24 Mar 03)
- Retrospect 5.0 Enables Mac OS X Backups (01 Apr 02)
- What About Backing Up to FireWire Hard Disks? (02 Apr 01)
- Ecrix's VXA-1 Tape Drive: Big Fast Backups (26 Feb 01)
- Have You Backed Up Today? Part 4 (22 Jun 98)
- Internet Backup via BackJack (15 Jun 98)
- Have You Backed Up Today? Part 3 (15 Jun 98)
- Have You Backed Up Today? Part 2 (08 Jun 98)
- Have You Backed Up Today? Part 1 (01 Jun 98)
Douglas Engelbart can be credited with inventing much of the computing paradigm we all use today, but have we missed his most important ideas? Adam looks at where Douglas Engelbart has been and where he thinks we need to go in the future. Also this week, we examine how you can integrate the Internet into your backup strategy. In the news, Macromedia ships Dreamweaver 2.0 and we announce our end-of-year holiday vacation.
Last Regular TidBITS Issue of 1998 -- We're taking the final two weeks of the year off to spend with family and friends over the holiday season, so this is the last regular TidBITS issue for 1998, although we plan to publish a special holiday gift issue in a day or twoShow full article
Brief Horn Tooting -- As the year draws to a close, we can't resist passing on a few bits of self-promotion from 1998. Internet Valley just placed TidBITS 29th on a list of the top 100 most influential computer publications, according to the number of external links pointing at that publicationShow full article
New Dreamweaver Adds Features and Templates -- Macromedia is now shipping Dreamweaver 2.0, a Web authoring package known for its early support of cascading style sheets and dynamic HTMLShow full article
With the recent release of Dantz Development's Internet-savvy Retrospect Express 4.1, which joins Retrospect 4.1 and the BackJack Internet backup service from Synectics Business Solutions, I think it's safe to say that Internet backup has become a field - a step up from a trend, more stable than a fad, and nowhere near as big as an industryShow full article
While at the 1998 Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work a few weeks ago here in Seattle, I had the opportunity to attend Douglas Engelbart's Turing Award LectureShow full article