Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Other articles in the series Miscellaneous Gift Ideas
- 2006 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (07 Dec 06)
- 2005 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (09 Dec 05)
- 2004 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (09 Dec 04)
- 2003 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (11 Dec 03)
- 2002 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (12 Dec 02)
- 2001 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (13 Dec 01)
- 2000 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (13 Dec 00)
- 1999 Miscellaneous Gift Ideas (14 Dec 99)
Welcome to our annual holiday gift issue! This year, TidBITS readers expound on Macintosh-related products that they recommend as great gifts. Suggestions range from inexpensive items such as snazzy mouse pads and cool shareware to more pricey hardware devices. There's also information about donating computer equipment and inspiration for gifts that help newer users ramp up on the iMac, the Internet, and their entire Macintosh world.
Welcome to the TidBITS 1998 special gift issue, which falls outside our regular weekly publication schedule and features gift ideas contributed by TidBITS readersShow full article
A Bunch of Yo-Yos -- Gordon Meyer suggests the Yo-Yo call manager device from Big Island Communications. "The stylish device hooks to your telephone line and Macintosh to provide caller ID, speed dialing, contact management, and other phone-related featuresShow full article
Your Roots are Showing -- Genealogy has taken hold of several of our relatives in the past year, and if anyone in your family might be interested, David Kanter's suggestion is idealShow full article
Tomb Raider II -- Saint John says: "If I hadn't pre-ordered it six months in advance, I'd be ecstatic to see a copy of Aspyr Media's Tomb Raider II under my treeShow full article
The Ultimate Rodent Gift -- We're going to have to try these 3M mousepads, since they continue to garner rave reviews every year. Dave Fitch was the first of many to suggest them this time aroundShow full article
Despair to the World -- A few suggestions were interesting enough to include even though they weren't Macintosh-specific (think of them as appropriate for the sort of person who would use a Mac)Show full article