Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Other articles in the series Reading the Palm
- Palm m505: A Slightly Dim Bulb (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Releases Palm m125 Organizer (24 Sep 01)
- Palm Desktop Marks Return of a Familiar Organizer (01 Mar 99)
- New Palm Handhelds Released (22 Feb 99)
- Mac Palm Desktop Beta Arrives with Palm VII News (07 Dec 98)
- PalmPilot Upgrade Card Problematic for Mac Users (22 Jun 98)
- Palm Organizer for Macintosh: Details Emerge (01 Jun 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 3: The Best Gadgets Are... Toys? (09 Feb 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 2: Power in Your Pocket (19 Jan 98)
- PalmPilot, Part 1: Hopelessly Devoted (05 Jan 98)
Macworld Expo news continues this week, with all the information we couldn't fit in last week. (Baby.) We all pitch in for our regular Macworld Superlatives article, and Jeff Carlson looks at the various Palm-related products on display at the show. (Baby.) In the news, Apple announced at $152 million dollar profit, Fog City released LetterRip Pro 3.0.4, and oh, did we mention that Adam and Tonya had a baby, Tristan Mackay Engst?
Apple Records $152 Million Profit -- Apple announced a net profit of $152 million on $1.7 billion in revenue for its first fiscal quarter of 1999, marking Apple's fifth consecutive profitable quarterShow full article
LetterRip Pro 3.0.4 Update -- Fog City Software has released LetterRip Pro 3.0.4, an update to their Internet mailing list server. Version 3.0.4 corrects two minor issues that incorrectly wrapped long message headers and failed to encode dates in non-English MIME digestsShow full article
Attending years' worth of Macworld Expos, we've learned the simple mantra repeated throughout the show: "What have you seen that's cool?" Here are some of the products, events, and oddities that deserve mention. Biggest Buzz Generator -- Connectix Virtual Game StationShow full article
For those who wondering why the Palm Computing booth at Macworld Expo was consistently mobbed, here's a quick overview of the PalmPilot and the Macintosh platformShow full article
A friend of ours at Apple once commented that what he liked the most about TidBITS was that it is so personal. In part, that's because we've grown up over the yearsShow full article