Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
Other articles in the series Tools We Use
- Tools We Use: Backdrop (01 May 06)
- Tools We Use: DropCopy (30 Jan 06)
- Tools We Use: PinPoint and Mouseposé (07 Feb 05)
- Tools We Use: Random Noises With SonicMood (10 Jan 05)
- Tools We Use: LaunchBar (17 Mar 03)
- Tools We Use: SpamSieve (17 Feb 03)
- Tools We Use: URL Manager Pro (24 Jun 02)
- Tools We Use: DiskSurveyor (10 Sep 01)
- Tools We Use: TypeTamer Returns (13 Nov 00)
- Tools We Use: VSE Link Tester (03 Jul 00)
- Tools We Use: iDo Script Scheduler (17 Apr 00)
- Tools We Use: Menuette (06 Sep 99)
- Tools We Use: Default Folder (05 Apr 99)
- Tools We Use: MacTicker (15 Mar 99)
- Tools We Use: Desktop Resetter (08 Feb 99)
- Tools We Use: GURU (30 Nov 98)
Move over PhoneNet, HomeLINE has arrived! Farallon's new HomeLINE products let you network Macs and PCs by plugging them into existing telephone jacks, all without interruption to voice or DSL connections. Also, Jeff Carlson looks at the file synchronization utility Synchronize, we note the release of the Macintosh SETI@home client (plus announce the TidBITS SETI@home team), and Apple unveils the winners of the fourth annual Apple Design Awards.
SETI Brings Space Exploration to Home Macs -- The SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project is now offering a Macintosh version of its SETI@home client, an idle-time screen saver application that crunches data collected from the Arecibo radio telescope in 340K "work units" downloaded from SETI's serversShow full article
Apple Announces Software Design Award Winners -- Apple Computer has announced the winners of the fourth annual Apple Design Awards competition, with REAL Software's REALbasic 1.0 and Alsoft's Disk Warrior 1.0 taking home multiple honorsShow full article
Although my PowerBook G3 now acts as my main computer, both on the road and on my desk, my earlier PowerBook 5300 existed primarily as a satellite machineShow full article
Farallon has always held a special place amongst Macintosh networking vendors for taking the simple and making it even simpler. The company rose to prominence in the mid-1980's after realizing that a LocalTalk signal could be carried over regular phone cabling instead of the custom cable included with Apple's relatively expensive LocalTalk Connector KitsShow full article